Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiting for a Game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Panjandrum
I'm new here, but not new to SR4, and I'm looking to run a game here, play-by-post. Some caveats:
  1. You will be members of a team that has worked together for some time. You will be called upon to work together to detail how your characters have interacted with one another in the past. You are more than welcome to have some rivalries, but you will be professionals. No PVP will be allowed or expected.
  2. You will be based in the Front Range Free Zone - Denver/Boulder area. If you need help with an understanding of how that's laid out, let me know.
  3. I will be restricting some gear, some spells, and the like, as well as implementing some house rules and common sense interpretations based on my own experience in the game from both sides of the GM's screen.
  4. I post frequently in my games. I will expect you to, barring unseen circumstances, to be willing to post every day in the IC thread. Even if you're waiting on someone else to react to something you've posted, feel free to post some internal dialogue or the like.

The game will be relatively gritty, and likely be R rated - I intend to pull no punches, and the FRFZ is a place where those that have the money live well, and everyone else is either entirely owned by their corporation, or lives in dangerous and substandard spaces.

Still interested? Send me a PM - do NOT post here - with a few paragraphs about your character. I don't want to see any stats, and I don't want to see "I want to play a technomancer" or something equally brief. Tell me about your character in some depth, or write me a vignette in which they star that really speaks to who they are.

I'll evaluate the PMs that I get as they come in, send follow up questions and the like, and if you've done any PbP here, I'll go looking to see the sort of output you've put into the process in the past. Then I'll put together a list of players whose characters make a compelling team. That might only be three of you, or it might be eight, depending on the quality of the applications.

Some things that will impact your application for the game:
  1. Only the five base races from SR4A. No SURGE, no Infected, etc.
  2. Books used: SR4A, most of Street Magic, Most of Arsenal, Augmentation to include Cyber and Bioware, but not Nano or Geneware, Runner's Companion rules on advanced lifestyles, many but not all qualities, and Unwired

Panjandrum
Some questions have arisen:

House rules include: watcher spirits that can actually watch, and a variant system on checking IDs that doesn't make even the best fakes immediately obvious.
Red-ROM
even the best posters here don't post every day
Panjandrum
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Feb 9 2011, 07:07 PM) *
even the best posters here don't post every day

Well, within reason. I mean, sure, life gets in the way, but I do want a very active player base.
Panjandrum
Will be making final decisions this weekend, so if you're still interested, get me a character sketch today or tomorrow.
Panjandrum
OOC Thread posted here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012