Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Swallows and Slingshots
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Queek
A few of my friends were chatting in Skype, and somehow, we came up with the challenge to come up with the most extravegant, yet effective, way to fire a bird no bigger than a breadbox from a slingshot in D&D 3.5 terms. Well...I'm going to open the floor to you folks, and see what you can come up with in any game, as long as it conforms to the following rules:

1.The weapon used -must- be a slingshot
2.The bird may be no larger than a bread box
3.The target used for reference must be one of the following: A WoW Gnome, a pig, or a building
4. The bird may not be enlarged, as breadbox is fixed
PBTHHHHT
Have you been playing Angry Birds?
Queek
-I- wasn't. However, the game was an influence, as one of the friends in question was playing the game
KarmaInferno
Here's what you start with:

You mount a cannon atop the slingshot.

Eventually you end up with something like this.

-k
Vermithrax
Which type of "slingshot"? Elastic pullback or leather thong?
Inquiring minds and all. smile.gif
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Vermithrax @ Feb 15 2011, 05:44 AM) *
Which type of "slingshot"? Elastic pullback or leather thong?
Inquiring minds and all. smile.gif

It could also be an edible variant...
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Queek @ Feb 6 2011, 08:05 PM) *
A few of my friends were chatting in Skype, and somehow, we came up with the challenge to come up with the most extravegant, yet effective, way to fire a bird no bigger than a breadbox from a slingshot in D&D 3.5 terms. Well...I'm going to open the floor to you folks, and see what you can come up with in any game, as long as it conforms to the following rules:

1.The weapon used -must- be a slingshot
2.The bird may be no larger than a bread box
3.The target used for reference must be one of the following: A WoW Gnome, a pig, or a building
4. The bird may not be enlarged, as breadbox is fixed

1-4:

Trebuchet.

Actually I think there's a catapult variant that works like a slingshot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012