Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: From Russia, With Love.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
sabs
Fatum, can you put your links in here, and lets direct specific questions/discussions about it to this thread?

The alt.war thread is 5million pages and pretty damn unwieldly for finding information on.
Fatum
Ah, thank you, I did not think my work to be worthy of a special thread. You are right about alt.War general becoming a bit too fat, though.

Anyway, in what comes to documents, I only have two.
First is the history compilation. It's mostly based on Shadows of Europe and Shadows of Asia, but I pulled some more books up, too; there are contradictions in the time line, and those are mostly marked with source book names.
Second is the draft itself. As you can see, my notes in red describe whatever's planned to be in it in the end.
Fatum
Now, on to my current issues I'd like you hear your opinions about.
First, don't you think the thing looks alarmingly huge? I'm all up for writing a comprehensive supplement as per the notes in the doc, but does anyone really want it?
Second, linked to first but more practical: I'm beginning to feel that the full description of the Armed Forces is a bit too much, especially when for some arms I can't think of any info really that worthy for runners. Same with that regiment description in the Army subchapter - I tried to spice it up a bit, but I'm not sure if it's too dragging, yet.
Third, I'm not sure if the Game Information I've written so far is too cheesy, especially the Weapon Rail Devices.
And the last and the least: anyone has anything against my vile handling of Babinicz? Some other plans for him or anything? Also, do you want Kosyak for your shadowtalk? I'm considering having him return into the Army after the Bratsk Massacre and die there, or at least go MIA.

On a side note: I'm ill, so I'm currently not writing. I am not sure if I'll pick up before I get better, I have some grim perspectives before me promising to put me out of commission for a month or so.
sabs
I'll take a look when I get home (I can't access googledocs from work)
Doc? When you get Maracaibos squirreled away can you take a look at these?

We seem to have lost Hermit, but I really want to keep the momentum going.
Brazilian_Shinobi
Fatum, while a detailed description of the Army is interesting, I think it is too much work and few people would bother reading it entirely. I'll take a look at it tonight (or more probably tomorrow night) and comment on it. I hope to finish the Game Information of Amazonia still this week and post the first draft about warfare in Awakened Nations (although, I admit I'm kinda stuck).
Adarael
Jesus, Fatum, it's like you read my mind. When I got to work this morning and was thinking about my upcoming game, I realized I didn't have any information on 2070s Russia worth a damn, and thought, "Maybe Fatum has something I can use..."

Sweet!
pbangarth
QUOTE (Fatum @ Feb 16 2011, 01:07 PM) *
On a side note: I'm ill, so I'm currently not writing. I am not sure if I'll pick up before I get better, I have some grim perspectives before me promising to put me out of commission for a month or so.

Stay warm (only a couple more months of winter, right?) and take care.
Fatum
Okay, I lied.
18.02. I still translated some weapon descriptions from the German Arsenal 2070, dropped them into UGB Armoury, and did some more work on the section, as well.
20.02. Wrote up the stats for the MVD Armoury, added Zero-Space Foam Filler vehicle upgrade.
21.02. Wrote up the GRU and GRU Spetsnaz.
24.02. Stats for the VDV vehicles (not too sure about those, and how well those will play with the MVD set; also, Tracked Propulsion halves the speed of a vehicle, I wonder if the writers in MilSpecTech accounted for that in their stat blocks...)
Fatum
Can I haz sum fidbag nau plz?
Brazilian_Shinobi
Fatum, I liked your documents. I think it is always better to exaggerate when writing than write a little and have the need to add stuff later, but I think your documents could use a little trimming, or at least split them. With the amount of gear and stuff you had already written about Russia I think it's best to create another file where we put all our new gear there.
Fatum
07.03. Added towed artillery, I have no idea why there was none in the system so far. Hope it's balanced enough.
08.03. Added a bunch of other Red Army vehicles. Not sure about the costs, since MilSpecTech, Arsenal and War! seem to be using different scales altogether.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012