Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Group.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Fauxknight
So I'm trying to get a group going for missions, but Shadowrun has a lot of rules that normally you ask the GM how it works for his game. I read the FAQ, but it does leave me with questions regarding a few things.

I'll start with size customization. I assume the rule for paying extra for dwarves and trolls is not in effect because it is a DM discretion rule on what the new cost should be (except for those who choose a character option that actually says pay +x% like sentient critters), but the effects of having wrong size gear for dwarves and trolls is not an option. So continuing on that assumption would a troll or dwarf still have to use the metahuman customization options in Arsenal for thier vehicles and weapons, or are they purchasing pre-adjusted vehicles and weapons and others would have to use that option to mod them back?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, just starting with whats on my mind. Heres the passage from SR4A that on pricing of different sized gear:

QUOTE (SR4A pg 311)
When it comes to less-common gear,
however, dwarf and troll characters may need to pay extra in order to
acquire versions modified for their metatype. Modified gear typically
costs 110% of the standard price, though it may rise as high as 125%.
The gamemaster determines when such cases arise.

Its full of ambiguous and decision based rulings, which is why it appears more as an optional rule than a concrete one.
GrimWulf
I'd rule on the flat 110% for anything, as it states that is the typical cost, and that the GM interpretation only comes into effect if they decide it's to cost more.
Wasabi
Typically its 110%, more at GM discretion.
(Just sayin')
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012