Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [WIP] Spell Cards
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Xenophon
Hi Guys,

I was looking through the resources on Aaron's Shadowrun Resources, and I really loved the hacker cards that he had listed there. But it made me wonder why nobody had put together similar types of cards for spells. Anyways, since I have been lurking through the forums and grabbing all the GMing resources I can find, I thought that I would try to give back to the community by creating some spell cards.

Here is a sample of one of the cards I have made so far: Link
And here is a pdf with all the core combat spells without pictures: Link

My plan is to use different colors for the different types of spells:
Red - Combat
White - Detection
Green - Health
Black - Illusion
Blue - Manipulation

I am going to see how much work it is to get through the core book spells, and if that is reasonable then I will move onto Street Magic.

However, I can tell already that my biggest problem is going to be finding all the pictures to put on these cards. Right now I'm thinking of just trying to find one image for each spell "set", but I was hoping some people in the community might want to help find some images that I could put into these cards for specific spells. Anyways, if anybody feels like helping out, if you post links for images that you think are good for specific spells it will make it a lot easier for me to finish this project.

Xenophon

EDIT: I don't know why, but it wouldn't let me embed a JPG in the message.
Xenophon
Well, I think I made pretty good progress today. I finished inputing the text for all the cards, and I found pictures for about 30/80 cards. I actually thought that I was getting close to finishing a few hours ago, but then I realized that I had completely missed the manipulation section and needed to input another 20 cards. Anyways, I made a new pdf output of the set, and replaced the pdf that I linked to yesterday.

Here it is again: Spell Cards (3MB PDF warning).

Anyways, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure that I have some messed up spell types or durations in there. And once again if anybody has picture suggestions for their favorite spells, I would be more than happy to use them.
CanRay
Very nice! Makes me want to play a magician and get a colour printer.
DamienKnight
Very nice.
Mr Clock
Some good stuff, I like it.

Having also browsed the Hacking cards, I must say I prefer the ones that have actual or representative art instead of random swirly colours. Call me old fashioned, but if my card has art on it, I expect it to reflect what the text says.
Belvidere
So yeah, this is some of the best quality I've seen for shadowrun made quick reference. Great job! These are store bought quality in my opinion. Save the Magic the Gathering layout, but it works very very well. grinbig.gif
LonePaladin
I'd done a little work on a set a lot like these, even used the same base template. So far I've only covered the spells that my players actually know, though.

Weird thing is, we both used the same picture for the Heal spell. What're the odds?

Also, how'd you replace the little box on the right side of the center bar with a letter? Manually?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012