Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still looking for players or GMs in CNY
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
kevyn668
I am willing to GM or play. I don't have a lot of experience with the GM field but I can hold my own. I'm willing to travel but I travel for work in the spring and fall so I have to work around that.
Brennor
Where in Central New York are you looking?
kevyn668
Syracuse or there abouts.
Brennor
How far are you willing to travel?
kevyn668
Depends on a couple of things, I guess:

1) how long the game sessions are.
A) how often the game sessions take place.

I'd be willing to travel farther if I was just a player vs. a GM. That way, if I can't make it or most of the other players cancel at the last second (like when I get there) nobody is hung out to dry.

Like I said I travel for work so the actual driving doesn't bother me. Wear and tear on the car, I'm not that big a fan of.

How far were you thinking?
Brennor
Well, I'm currently in Rochester. About 70-75 mins from Camillus.
kevyn668
Okay, what did you have in mind?
northern lights
dude, no one is playing at SU?

that's nuts, if i still lived in syacuse, i'd play or even if i were still near olean i'd set something up around geneva or something.

good luck. rochester might be too far, but you could pull some people from RIT for sure.
kevyn668
Dunno about SU.

We're you at St. Bonnies?
Brennor
Problem with RIT is that most people there don't want to consider anything other than d20 based games or White Wolf games.

The players that I have snagged from RIT love the game so far (those who decided to try and get past the fact that it isn't D&D).

I'm not sure how much longer my games will be going on. About 1/2 of my game group graduates from RIT in about 2 months. Perhaps will be moving to a voice chat or OpenRPG or something like that. Not sure though.

Unless any other DS'er happen to be from RIT?
northern lights
not at st bonnies, some classmates from HS were there if i recall. i went to HS just on the PA side, my sister works in olean lives in PA.

kinda funny, i just got a job offer moving back there. sadly it is the middle of nowhere. don't know. no good mt biking there either.

and sorry to hear about the disappointment with RIT geeks. the world would be better off without that damned d20

if i take that job, i'll be all over getting a game going within 3 hours which is what my current game in state college would be for me.
locomotiveman
I'm down in Corning, but we don't have a game going currently right now. DemondSeed who wrote BrainScan used to be in Ithaca, but I think he's graduated by now.
kevyn668
No kidding? I used to be in Elmira. I guess the shadows really are that small...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012