Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Astral Perception
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mr Clock
Just a quickie:

Can a character using astral perception tell if another character (within LOS) is also astrally perceiving, given that the act of doing so causes one to become dual-natured for the duration? Is this an obvious thing, or would it require an assensing test? If so, what threshold would be appropriate?
Draco18s
I'd think its pretty obvious. Unsure though.
Adarael
Yes, it's obvious. It's not immediately obvious, but it's only difficulty 1 on an assensing test. I.E. if you move by someone astrally perceiving at "Fast speed" you will not automatically know they are perceiving. If you don't have enough dice to buy 1 hit on an assensing test, you probably shouldn't be astrally perceiving anyway. wink.gif

But it's a difficulty on par with "Is he wearing pants?" using real-world visual perception.
CanRay
Unless they're using Masking, in which case I'd probably set the difficulty to be "Is he wearing underwear?" using real-world visual perception. nyahnyah.gif
Adarael
Well, to be fair, masking is explicitly a disguise. wink.gif So even if he's not wearing pants, he's painted his legs to make it look like he is.
Mr Clock
Wound penalties, distractions, drugs, background count, various and et cetera. Thanks!
CanRay
During a Con, I ran a demo where the Mage in the group was trying to find an adept that had used a grenade launcher as a mortar against the facility they were defending.

He escaped through a Rave, and the background emotions made the mage lose sight of the guy... And come back to his body with the mother of all stiffies. The Player was quite the experienced Shadowrun Player and complimented me on the tactic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012