Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SRM 04-01: Hiding in the Dark has been released!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
JM Hardy
Another week, another release--this time it's a new Mission! SRM 04-01: Hiding in the Dark is now available at the Battleshop and Drivethrurpg. Here's the basics:

Open Season!

If the Ork Underground is going to become an official district in Seattle, it’s going to need some cleaning up. Even if it’s not, some of the criminals down there have a pesky habit of bringing their activities to the surface, and plenty of people want them eliminated. Seattle law enforcement has had enough, and ADA Dana Oaks is determined to bring down some of the higher-profile criminals of the Underground—starting with a mob enforcer who goes by the name of Junior.

Criminals in the Underground don’t go down easy, though, and shadowrunners are going to have to use all their skills to track Junior down. When they find him, they might discover that their task isn’t quite as straightforward as they may have thought.

Continuing plotlines started in SRM 04-00: Back in Business, Hiding in the Dark introduces new characters while giving the runners the chance to solidify their friendships with characters they met in the previous adventure—or maybe make new enemies, or even drive wedges of enmity even deeper.
Brazilian_Shinobi
I started reading it
[ Spoiler ]
Bull
You should probably spoiler block that, just in case smile.gif

[ Spoiler ]

Bull
Brazilian_Shinobi
Edited. Sorry... embarrassed.gif

[ Spoiler ]
SaintHax
No need to sticky, as this isn't something that will be key in a few months, and the post traffic isn't going to scroll it off the page. Besides, it's easier to find otherwise, as I often disregard "green" sticky posts for some time.
Brazilian_Shinobi
Just a tiny-small correction.

Page 19, on the shadowtalk about the Narrows, it is signed by Kat o' Nine Tails. It should have been Tales...

Whomever should this one pass should be flogged (kidding... silly.gif)
Bull
I don't remember if that was me or Ando Muneno. We "borrowed" some Seattle 2072 style Location & Comments from the upcoming Ork Underground eBook that Ando is working on, so probably Ando, but I'll take the blame. I should have caught that.

Thanks!

And just an update. I didn't get very many "entries" for the Shadowrun Missions Review Contest, so we're extending it to include reviews of SRM 04-01 as well. Simply write up a review and post it someplace... Preferably a review site like RPGnet or on teh Drivethru page for the adventure, but also here, the SR4.com forums (Or hey, post it in multiple places to spread the love smile.gif).

I'll randomly pick 6 winners from the pool of reviewers, and those reviewers can submit a character to be part of an NPC Shadowrunner Team appearing in an upcoming adventure!

And yes, reviewing both adventures gives you 2 chances to win. smile.gif

Deadline will be April 15, Tax Day. So read the adventure, write up a review (It does not have to be a glowing review, just an honest one), and post the link to the SRM Facebook Page to enter!
Brazilian_Shinobi
I don't have a facebook account, but for what is worth I've made a review at drivethru.
Bira
I've also reviewed it on Drivethru.

[ Spoiler ]
Brazilian_Shinobi
[ Spoiler ]
hermit
As for the end ...

[ Spoiler ]
Grinder
Does this adventure feature a description of Seattle's Ork Underground?
Bira
Not a full writeup, but it does describe several isolated locations.
hermit
... which would have been helpful in the previous installation ... but alas, not necessary. Just really helpful.
Bull
What's been included thus far are things I've worked up alongside Ando Muneno, who has been working on the Ork Underground e-book. Unfortunately, he's also in grad school right now, and that apparently crept up and delayed him some frown.gif

I'm including relevant portions of the Underground for various scenes to help GMs as much as possible, but it would be unwieldy to put in too much background and detail into every adventure. But, as you go through them, you get to explore bits and pieces at least. (I really pushed to try and get the OU book done much earlier, but... Just wasn't possible frown.gif I'd have loved to have it available back in January when we launched).

Bull
hermit
I'm including relevant portions of the Underground for various scenes to help GMs as much as possible, but it would be unwieldy to put in too much background and detail into every adventure.

I can understand that, those adventures are made to be played in a very tight timeframe after all, and can't bloat hemselves endlessly. I'd just like to have the Underground sourcebook.

I'd have loved to have it available back in January when we launched.

I can imagine. It's an interesting read though, what we have seen so far. Lots of stuff you can do in the underground, too (Seattle sits on rock, so you can really go nuts there). any some of the bits known so far make me curious. What about those haunted amerind warrens? Will they be important later?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012