Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MOAR SHOOTY N STOMPY!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Stahlseele
OK, so i actually croaked and bought both of those . .

Bulletstorm is so hillariously over the top and cliché that i can mostly overlook it being a clean console port. Seriously, it's so console that there isn't even a JUMP in the game . .
really . . there is no jumping. you can NOT jump. aside from certain mostly scripted situations. see those last two words there? yeah? scripted situations? yep. basically half to 3 fourths of the game.
at least, this is how it seems to me after about 2 hours of playing . . it's completely linear.

Crysis2 on the other hand . . is a pretty disappointing console port . . no DX11, the reflections on the water are NOT real reflections but an alibi texture . .
it has been simplified down to basically "press 6 buttons to win the game" . . at least there is a jump in this one . . not as linear though. sneak or fight or try a third solution depending on situations.
but still pretty linear, as it's basically go from a to b and for a twist the plotted route has been barricaded by something outside of your sphere of influence. and thus you have to take ANOTHER route.
but it's still a single route. aside from minor deviations like not entering through the main entrance but some service tunnels into the subway for example.
far-cry, crysis1 and far cry 2 were pretty much free style playing with zomgwtfbbqxbawksishueg levels where you could go wherever you wanted to all the time and explore . . not this one.
StealthSigma
Oiy, ware's da dakka ya annoyin' git! You hummie prawmissed shooty and stompy!
Stahlseele
Da gunz is orky enuff in boff gits.
StealthSigma
Not 'nough shooty an' stompy.

We nedz moar dakka for da WAAAAGH!
CanRay
The Quad-Barrelled Shotgun is my baby. I remember the one from the Phantasm movies, and wanted to have one ever since.
Stahlseele
which game now?
haven't really played any of them anymore as of yet because of work.
won't be playing Crysis2 untill they fixed the flickering lighting with multi radeon GPU . .
CanRay
Bulletstorm has the Quad-Barrelled Shotgun. If you don't blow someone in half, they go flying.
Stahlseele
Ah, good, i think i just narrowly escaped the murderwheel . . "We had NO business surviving that!"
And dude . . come on . . tell me that is NOT Wolverine you are playing . .
CanRay
*Snikt*
Stahlseele
"Bub"
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 26 2011, 05:49 PM) *
Seriously, it's so console that there isn't even a JUMP in the game . .
really . . there is no jumping. you can NOT jump.

So DOOM and Marathon are both ultra-console?

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012