Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group Seeking Replacement GM in Hamilton, ON
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Raven the Trickster
Well, as the subtitle says, our GM has basically quit due to personal reasons, leaving 3(4) players without a GM. Most of us are either too inexperienced with the system and the world to take over (And I would probably end up in exactly the same boat myself if I were to do so after a month or two), so we're seeking a replacement GM.

We're currently gaming in Hamilton, ON on the mountain, but we will likely have transport to travel slightly if need be. The group has been playing every other Sunday on average, but again that's subject to change with a new GM's schedule.

The setting for our game has been LA, albeit without the huge emphasis the setting officially places on the high profile nature of shadowrunners in the area. We have a Human sam/infiltrator, an Elf Chemist/Demolitions expert who does some matrix work as a sideline, and a Norse tradition free spirit. Our former GM may also continue as a player if we find a new GM, but that remains to be seen as does his pc of choice if that happens.

If anyone is interested I'd love to hear from you either here or in a PM.
pbangarth
I'm one of the players in this group, and now live in Toronto. If there is a GM in Toronto who needs a space to run a game, my place is available.
pbangarth
Created topic for Toronto GM search. See my new thread in this forum for details. I said GM notes from our gang-related LA campaign may be available. Correct me if this is not so.
Raven the Trickster
Sean didn't do much for notes as far as I know. I think he had a writeup for HoD and probably some stuff on the storm dragons and the other major npc characters, but a lot of it was in his head. I'll ask him what's available tomorrow when I'm back in Hamilton.
Raven the Trickster
Still looking for a GM, ours is still broken. Alternatively, player looking for new group in or around Hamilton.
pbangarth
I don't know what else to try, guys. There are millions of people here, and many do show up for SR games at conventions. Any ideas on other methods for attracting a GM?

Hmmm.... maybe try at Bayshore Hobbies? I remember them giving me some contact names years ago. The one downtown, where Rose is.
Raven the Trickster
Good news, our GM has recovered, although he's going to need some more help from you and me for some of the prep work. Don't know exact timing yet, but the games will come back.
pbangarth
Yay! I get to be a red-headed Valkyrie again! Bum bada bbaaaahhh buumm, Bum buda baaaaaahhh bummmmm....
Platinum
QUOTE (Raven the Trickster @ May 18 2011, 11:23 PM) *
Good news, our GM has recovered, although he's going to need some more help from you and me for some of the prep work. Don't know exact timing yet, but the games will come back.

Congrats. I am rather jealous.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Platinum @ May 20 2011, 08:22 AM) *
Congrats. I am rather jealous.

Where in Ontario are you, Platinum? I might know someone in your area who does SR.
pbangarth
So it looks like we might be playing on the 18th of June! Woohoo!
Platinum
QUOTE (pbangarth @ May 23 2011, 11:20 PM) *
Where in Ontario are you, Platinum? I might know someone in your area who does SR.

I am in Oshawa. I have been playing a little, (like once every 3 months, over skype.)

Congrats on the June game.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Platinum @ Jun 7 2011, 12:27 PM) *
I am in Oshawa. I have been playing a little, (like once every 3 months, over skype.)

Congrats on the June game.

Here's a fellow who runs Missions games in Oshawa:

Agent: #192
Jason "Insomniac" Mallory
shadowrunner13@hotmail.com

They usually run at:

Worlds Collide
84 Simcoe Street N

Oshawa, ON L1G4S2
Canada
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012