Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SRM4-00 Back in Business AAR
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
LurkerOutThere
Disclaimer: I'm on the team for SRM. I have two missions under my belt in the CMP's. I was supposed to write a prime mission but have since have to back off of that due to time commitments. Having said that I think i'm normally our own harshest critic internally and externally so i'd like to think i give a fair review.

So the other night I ran back in business for my runners here are the following thoughts:

The initial setup and transition from new york went smooth enough. The concert meeting was a nice touch and set the setting for SR quiete nicely with some throwbacks to some old characters that my veteran players got a kick out of. While waiting for the face type to get out of the bathroom I opted for the pushing the envelope scene with the distraught gunman at the concert. The players wern't going to get involved but a comlink form their potential employer helped. I opted not to request no casualties as that seems silly considering security is planing on shooting him so instead requested they do the deed without hurting anyone else then the gunman. Our newbie had the novel idea of reverse rappelling down from he upper balcony where they were at and looping a noose around the mans neck and then having the street sams give it a good pull. Someone else got in position to catch the girl. Some stealth and then some athletics checks were made and one gunman was pulled up batman style killing him quickly and quietly. The team spent the rest of the evening drinking on Mr. Crazed Gunman's tab after bribing the wait staff with the rest of his funds to do something with the body.

On to the meeting:

I'm just going to come out and say it and I hope Bull will take it with the respect it is intended. Inserting your PC in as a NPC is still in my mind bad form cardinal sin territory. Cinna the poet dies quickly at least. Ok that's off my chest on with other details.

Job offer is made, que the complaining about pay, i had to step out a moment and ensure them that this will not be the only job offered as part of this mission. That can't be helped I suppose.

The team did the datasearch to get info on the hotel, I do want to menton that I think it's a good idea to go witht he alternate legwork/data tests. They head to the hotel and get caught hacking the system from one of the PC's rooms. Hilarity ensues with the incompetent hotel detective while the rest of the team break in and toss the room ont he otehr side of the hotel so no real problems.

Heading to the underground. The team was pretty intrigued to go back to the underground especially after the events of Ashes. THe fight with the reality hackers started which put much of the team firmly in the camp of not liking the reality hackers and making their allegiance known to the Skraacha. The module doesn't seem to anticipate if the runners are openly siding with the Skraacha or especially if their friends of the underground after Ashes so i just tried to wing it,. Everything was going fine until one of the reality hackers talked crap to teh street sam. Said street same took the panther canon ou of the duffel bag and killed him as well as damaging the tunnel super structure. This made him target number one for the oncoming KE response force. Fortunately or perhaps unfortunately being as he's a bounty hunter and all that he complied with the stand down orders and saved himself a tazing. Now in this players defense he's coming from Manhattan where his NYPDinc affiliation and it's ridiculous checkpoint authorization and weapons permits allowed him to carry pretty much whatever wherever on the streets. I took a bit to have Tosh make it clear that sort of thing wouldn't fly in Seattle and told him he could pick up his heavy gear at the precinct later.

The team opted to hire a guide to get them to the pirate cove. They were unimpressed by Jack's security and opted to use a cutting charge to break into the warehouse from the adjoining unguarded warehouse (i rolled a die to decide if such a thing would exist.

Module ends, runners decide to pawn the artifact off to the highest bidder, Moreu's introduction seemed kind of rushed so the team had little incentive to work with him.

Thoughts on the whole: Excellent module the work to step up the quality was well evident. I'm left with not much to complain about which is a good thing.

Chance359
I was one of the hangman sams at the table. Compared to last season it felt like there was alot of name dropping. The only NPC I recall spending a ton of time with in Season 3 was Peace man. I think he writer did a good job of trying to introduce most of the main NPCs we'd be interacting with all at once.

Overall the run felt well thought out and played smoothly. It was nice to see such a fondly remembered set piece (Underworld 93) and Maria being used. There were several times I had to pause game and explain 3 editions worth of back story to the table.

All of the players but one were Season 3 veterans, the exception being new to the game all together.
I'm pretty sure it was my idea to use the dead guys cred to buy drinks and get his body disposed of.
jakephillips
Sounds like a good table. We had a great time to as three of our crew were old time vets but with new guys as we had to retire from running after 150karma into the prime time. No heavy weapons were allowed in the ork underground and I was lucky to get my short barreled T-250 shotgun under my coat for the battle with the Reality Hackers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012