Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Idiots Guide to the Matrix
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Kevin Adams
You know what i'd like to see?

I'd like to see the "Idiots Guide to the Matrix" section of the Unwired sourcebook, made into a multimedia presentation. Something like a flash movie. If i had the resources and time i'd give it a try. Since its such a good idea I thought i'd share it on the off chance that someone else would get bitten by the creativity bug and give it a go.

K
Fatum
And... who would need it, exactly?
pbangarth
D'uhhh.... idiots?
Bigity
I could have used it trying to transition from SR3 to SR4, that's for dang sure.
Fatum
No, frankly, I just fail to see how it's better than the text in the book itself.
capt.pantsless
QUOTE (Fatum @ May 17 2011, 10:56 AM) *
No, frankly, I just fail to see how it's better than the text in the book itself.

Well, sometimes the same material, looked at from a different perspective can be helpful for some that don't quite get the rules as they are written in the published sourcebooks. That, and more detailed examples of matrix actions would be helpful, although the usual rules-questions will rear their ugly heads in the case of unofficial sources.
squee_nabob
Unwired is pretty hard to understand, an official "we defragged the matrix rules" would be a book i'd use.
Fatum
QUOTE (capt.pantsless @ May 18 2011, 12:01 AM) *
Well, sometimes the same material, looked at from a different perspective can be helpful for some that don't quite get the rules as they are written in the published sourcebooks. That, and more detailed examples of matrix actions would be helpful, although the usual rules-questions will rear their ugly heads in the case of unofficial sources.
"Idiots Guide to the Matrix" section doesn't have any rules in it, far as I remember...
Teulisch
in some cases, a list of page references can be quite helpful. The fact that SR4A changed some of the matrix rules again adds to the confusion as well. and some of the various new books (spyware, War!) have additional matrix rules hidden in them as well.

for instance, right now your current response only effects your defense and your matrix initiative, as well as your agents initiative, defense, and fuzzy logic. your response before anything lowers it limits your system.

also, the rules for cracking copyrighted software are difficult to find, as unwired refers to the SR4 page, not the SR4A page (which i cant seem to find).

the layout of unwired is nice, but the lack of an index in that book is frustrating. and the SR4A index dosent list everything you may want to find. Perhaps we should do a 'Matrix Index' as well as an idiots guide?
Kevin Adams
Someone asked why.

Why not? I think a video/movie would be a great way to illustrate what the
matrix is about and how to operate in it (as described in the SR rules). Never
mind the fact that that rules aren't always the easiest to read or understand in
certain situations.

In the end its just an idea.

K
McDougle
QUOTE (Teulisch @ Jun 13 2011, 04:06 AM) *
some of the various new books (spyware, War!)

rotfl.gif Thanks for that one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012