Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumpshock move coming soon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Dumpshock News, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion
Redjack
Just a heads up to everyone that Dumpshock will be changing hosts soon and this will mean several hours of downtime. I expect this to happen this coming Sunday, morning (US time). If it doesn't occur then, I will update with the next projected date of the move.
Stahlseele
course you! i read movie first!
CanRay
After April Fool's, don't remind me about that damned movie!
Redjack
Ok. The move isn't gonna happen today. Stay tuned for updates.
Redjack
Dumpshock is moving REAL soon. This may occur tonight. If not, expect downtime on Thursday.

-Redjack
Redjack
The move is complete, though not all the subsites have moved yet.
Redjack
FYI: Email notifications are not working at the moment. I will fix those tomorrow.
Critias
First things first, excellent work on moving the site without much by way of interruption. It could've gone much, much, worse. I, for one, wouldn't have noticed that anything unusual happened if you hadn't posted about it. Good job!

Second? I thought for a second the thread title was "Dumpshock movie coming soon," and I didn't know whether to be excited or terrified.
pbangarth
RE: Move vs. movie.

Interesting how what we want to see sometimes overrides what is actually there. Something a lot of us, including a few scientists, could remember.
Redjack
QUOTE (pbangarth @ May 11 2011, 09:03 AM) *
Interesting how what we want to see sometimes overrides what is actually there. Something a lot of us, including a few scientists, could remember.
Absolutely! [ Additional 1256 characters of reply censored ]

Also, Email is now working... But you probably already know that. smile.gif
Stahlseele
QUOTE (pbangarth @ May 11 2011, 05:03 PM) *
RE: Move vs. movie.

should remember surely?
pbangarth
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 11 2011, 03:31 PM) *
should remember surely?

Both forms work, with slightly different nuance. In the spirit of my original message, 'should' is probably better. Thanks.
Stahlseele
could actually works in that case? O.o
i did not know o.O thank you ^^
pbangarth
It's English. Don't ask. Just nod and back away slowly.
Stahlseele
Soo . . i guess the Move did not Help with the crashing problems? O.o
Redjack
The database needs some long overdue tlc. I'm gonna have to take the site offline soon and do some major database work and tuning. If I had time, I'd do it today... but it probably won't even get done in the next week. I think the root issue falls to corrupt indexes affecting the scheduled site jobs.
Stahlseele
poor you ._.
toturi
QUOTE (Redjack @ May 20 2011, 04:43 AM) *
The database needs some long overdue tlc. I'm gonna have to take the site offline soon and do some major database work and tuning. If I had time, I'd do it today... but it probably won't even get done in the next week. I think the root issue falls to corrupt indexes affecting the scheduled site jobs.

Just give me some time to brace myself for DS withdrawal.
Redjack
Further analysis has led me to the conclusion that it is not the forums database, rather the wiki database... So, I should only need to take the wiki offline and resolve the database issues with the forum online.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012