Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Helmet cams for airsoft, paintball, etc.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Wounded Ronin
So, I'm watching Aliens right now, and reflecting on how awesome the marines' helmet cams are in terms of making a great scene when you are watching the aliens attack through them. I had thought about getting a helmet cam for airsoft and watched helmet cam airsoft footage on youtube. But today's helmet cams are too good compared to giant 1986 helmet cams. The field of view is much larger and you see too much. It's not like the very narrow field of view in Aliens that let's you only see what the user is focusing on. That makes it much more evocative in my opinion because you feel like you are the person.

I think the helmet cam footage from Aliens is better than the camera footage from Paranormal Activity in terms of really putting you in the scene.
CanRay
Just don't record police officers with them.

They'll nail you with Wiretapping laws.
phlapjack77
To this day I still think Burke, Carter J. Paul Reiser is a rat-f*ck son-of-a-bitch and can't watch anything he's in (except of course Aliens)

I'd agree that the helmet cams in Aliens do a good job of "putting you there". Also increasing the feeling of suspense and claustrophobia, since there's so much going on that the viewer can't see.

Let's hope the Alien prequel lives up to the expectations.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ May 6 2011, 12:24 AM) *
To this day I still think Burke, Carter J. Paul Reiser is a rat-f*ck son-of-a-bitch and can't watch anything he's in (except of course Aliens)

I'd agree that the helmet cams in Aliens do a good job of "putting you there". Also increasing the feeling of suspense and claustrophobia, since there's so much going on that the viewer can't see.

Let's hope the Alien prequel lives up to the expectations.

I'd suggest watching Mad About You and pretending that it's a prequel to Aliens.

Anyway, helmet cams are far more affordable than they were before, mostly because small digital cameras are more affordable than ever before.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012