Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So, Duke Nukem Forever is available for prepurchase on Steam.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Tanegar
If it's anything less than the Second Coming in digital form, it'll be laughed out of the room. Who's got popcorn?
Wounded Ronin
I remember the Redsun 2020 mod for Deus Ex had dialoge about DNF finally coming out. How hilarious. 2011 or 2012 isn't too far off from 2020.
Stahlseele
In the Serious Sam Demo, there was a hidden phone booth where sam could call duke and ask:"when duke, when?" and you got the answer:"When it's done!"
also, i am SO getting this game . . it will fit nicely between Bulletstorm, Crysis2, Portal and then some day Deus Ex 3.
CanRay
It'll be a rental. I can't see it in my budget to pay full price for a game like that any longer due to various constraints. frown.gif

But I definitely want to see Duke back!
hermit
I'll believe it when I hold it in my hands. Not before. You could all be lying.
Tanegar
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 9 2011, 05:36 PM) *
In the Serious Sam Demo, there was a hidden phone booth where sam could call duke and ask:"when duke, when?" and you got the answer:"When it's done!"
also, i am SO getting this game . . it will fit nicely between Bulletstorm, Crysis2, Portal and then some day Deus Ex 3.

Funny you should mention, Deus Ex: Human Revolution also showed up on Steam for prepurchase today.
hermit
Sounds like a tough decision has to be made ...
Stahlseele
Only for people who have a credit card.
Not me.
Also, i found Spacemarine in the soon in steam category O.o
hermit
Tough decisions are even tougher!
phlapjack77
uh, having a credit card makes the decision easier, not tougher! nyahnyah.gif
Stahlseele
having a credit card lets you MAKE the decision.
not having one means, i can't get any of these.
i need to wait for the castrated versions in stores.
or have them imported for much more moneys.
hermit
Not that much if you try canadian, brit or dutch retailers. Depending on where you live you can also just make a cross-"border" trip. You were from Hamburg, though, right? Even without a credit card (amazon allows other payment, too - debit cards like the MAestro which every German bank throws at you, for instance).
Stahlseele
Yep. Hamburg, Germany . .
Gonna ask around at work a bit, see what the collective gamer-nerd-mind can come up with.
hermit
You could also ask someone with a credit card to buy you gift vouchers for Amazon for hard cash and then use those to pay at any Amazon you want to. IIRC those translate to all their worldwide stores.

Edit: Actually, I'm talking out of my arse there. They do not accept vouchers everywhere, those bastards.

However, This might be relevant to your interests, Stahl. Uncut. Or this. Also uncut. And loads of weirdness. Also, damn expensive.
Stahlseele
Good tip, thanks, i'll keep that in mind ^^
And of course, if i can get my grubbies on it, i WILL take the uncut balls of steel edition for PC.
I'm not a console l/gamer
hermit
Should be available for PC, too. I picked those two entries entirely randomly, system-wise.
Stahlseele
figured as much, thank you anyway ^^
Thanee
Doesn't Steam take PayPal also?

http://www.okaysoft.de/ is a good german online retailer for uncut original games.

Bye
Thanee
Wounded Ronin
Well I ended up springing for Deus Ex instead.

First, I was going to spring for a sharp longsword, but the test cutting day came earlier than expected, so I wouldn't be able to get it in time to attack some goat legs.

I decided to get a game instead since they're a lot cheaper anyway. I felt I had to choose between Duke and Deus Ex. I decided to go for Deus Ex because it comes with a soundtrack and concept art.

I definitely want DNF, but I didn't want to spend like a hundred bucks in one sitting. frown.gif Maybe in a month or two. I also will eventually want that longsword, too, so I am just being careful with money.
Stahlseele
I basically go to work to afford my computer/gaming addiction . . i'll bite into the rotten apple and buy them all i'm afraid <.<
CanRay
OK, considering that it really looks like it will come out, I have to ask...

Do the Pig-Cops get Jet Packs?
Stahlseele
I both hope and fear they will . .
It was frigging annoying having to try and hit them up there <.<
CanRay
Well, you know, flying pigs would be very appropriate since the game finally came out and...

OK, I was trying to fit a Pink Floyd reference into there somehow, but my brain just went "Ger-ger-gerk.", so I'll just have to shut up now.
Stahlseele
*snickers*
every joke would be just another brick in the great wall of china ^^
CanRay
There's been enough DN:F jokes leveled that we could build a great wall. Now all we need to do is grab the walking hammers to smash them into place.

And I will be telling the disk that I load into my console, "Welcome... To the machine." nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012