I played with some modifications.

First, my group plays in a modified SR3 universe. The rules and characters are 3rd edition, so some equipment is not available and drugs aren’t worth shit. Commlinks exist, but are treated as cyberterminals with wireless functionality, using a cellphone as connector, built using the rules in Matrix. We also call them smartphone, since calling them commlink is like calling an iPhone WalkieTalkie (which also is retarded, even though it’s a perfect description of what the use of an iPhone looks like). All players have long experience with the setting, and are at least somewhat immersed in the background. Play medium is an internet forum since half the group lives abroad. Language is a mix of German and English, so I can just copy a bunch of descriptions instead of translating, which is quite convenient with the pdf format of SRM.

I’m using the adventure as an entry to the Harlequin’s Back campaign, so there’s the obligatory Foreshadows dropping of little quotes, strange dreams, barking cats and mad clowns. Also, the run is a test set up by Frosty (who, after all, IS an immortal elf). HB doesn't tell you how, but it wants you to use another run as a Fate Test after all.

Characters are the Wights, a set of characters who all work for one irish Danaan family; hence, they get into this not for the money, but because it’s a favor Frosty asks of them (two characters know Frosty from Harlequin). All characters are named after egyptean gods by choice of the team. Some characters are special creations for this team, others are old and well-played. Average Karma is 300, so this is seriously high-level. I adjust enemies and encounters accordingly. The group is a face/sniper, 2 streetsams, 1 slightly burnt out mage, 1 combat decker and 1 combat rigger.

Team Leader: Shanna “Ammit” O’Connor, unaugmented mundane night elf skillmonkey and face/sniper
Mage: Thomas “Anubis” O’Connor, half-burnt out night elf Pathwalker mage with way more dice than he ought to have
Decker: Ashley “Imentet” Carter, human decker with an implanted custom-built C³ deck, implanted cell for connectivity, and some combat mods
Rigger: Nina “Sekhmet” O’Riley, perpetually dark mooded elf rigger with some combat mods
Streetsam 1: Ian “Kherty” Cowen, standard elf streetsam with emphasis on speed
Streetsam 2: Rory “Imsety” O’Connor, standard elf streetsam with emphasis on tanking, built like an ork and with human-looking edge

[ Spoiler ]

What went well: The adventure was very well received. It had the feel of an old module of 1st or 2nd Edition, with many stands to take, many moral decisions to make, but a very linear backbone. It was felt as a bit short, but that's the format. Mercurial went extremly wellw ith the players, I had a couple pretty much squeeing about that NPC. MacCallister was well received too.

The adventure's structure is linear, but that's not too bad because there's not much reason to go astray. I had one scene whre I really had to improvise and make up a replacement for an important NPC (see spoilers if you want to), but with other Missions, that was easy to do. The pushing teh Envelope pieces I almost all used, even though two slightly time shifted. Nazaire's introduction was a bit bumpy, but that'S also due to the short timeframe Missions are meant for, I guess.

The art and maps were very well received, too. Especially the map of the underground. But the NPC pictures too.

Overall, this was one of the best canned adventures for SR I have run to date. It was fast paced, had a nice story and feel, and gave me as a GM most of what I needed without having to scour for things endlessly or leaving me to deal with a mess. I could have, in the instance where my players managed to totally run from an opportunity, just let it be (that's what the adventure suggests), but I decided to introduce another interesting character from SRM04-01 instead. Lots of fun with the locales (I'm starting to really look forweard to the underground book), and with that old-timey feel, perfect as the entry for one of the classics of Shadowrun adventures.

Great job, Missions team.