Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gaming Cabient?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
yesferatu
Hey guys,

I have stacks and stacks of gaming books and CCGs.
They're starting to take over a section of the house and it's pissing me off.

Can anyone suggest a company or model for a decent gaming cabinet?
The space is like 8 feet long, a couple feet deep and 4 feet tall max.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

capt.pantsless
Is a couple cheap bookshelves not an option? I know it's a bit cliche but IKEA usually has a bunch of highly-adaptable shelves that you can make-fit to just about any space.
yesferatu
Oh no, it's totally an option.
I just haven't found anything I like.

I need something that can handle like 30 full-sized gaming books and 2 of those massive 5-slot CCG boxes.
I haven't seen anything that can accommodate both.
Right now, everything's just kinda stacked up waiting for my cats to knock it over.
Tanegar
Just 30? A quick tally of my bookcase (purchased from IKEA) yields 141 gaming books. I don't know what "five-slot CCG boxes" look like, but I second the IKEA recommendation. They have sufficient variety that I will be pretty damn surprised if you can't find something that works, their prices are reasonable, and while it's certainly not heirloom furniture, it should fulfill your needs more than adequately.
capt.pantsless
QUOTE (Tanegar @ May 23 2011, 04:24 PM) *
I don't know what "five-slot CCG boxes" look like,

This?: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_supplies....cc-BCWCS3200ct5

Either way, you could look at entertainment centers or TV stands for additional storage alongside a regular bookcase. TV stands often have spaces for DVD players and the like, and might fit a couple of CCG boxes with space to put whatever else on top.

Something sorta like this: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20105341
yesferatu
That's them.
Again, you can see...either good for card boxes, but not books.
I could probably get a separate thing for both, but I figure if I'm going to spend anything on it...I should get exactly what I want.
The search continues.
KarmaInferno
I suppose carpentry skills and a trip to the lumber store is out of the question?

-k
Tanegar
What, precisely, is stopping you from putting the card boxes on bookshelves? They look about the right depth to fit in a bookcase.
Jhaiisiin
If they're the same card boxes I'm thinking about, they're significantly deeper than any book. So he'd need at least one shelf that supports that.
pbangarth
QUOTE (capt.pantsless @ May 23 2011, 04:40 PM) *

Wouldn't a few bookends on the top of this unit handle a lot of books? The shelf underneath looks as if it can handle the boxes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012