Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro-War Antiques
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CanRay
OK, just saw the new e-book CGL is offering, but one of the previews caught my eye (My Adobe acting up, and only letting me see that part of the preview. frown.gif ).

Euro-War Antiques! It's not just AK-97s any more! biggrin.gif

Then again, I loved "This Old Drone"...
Fatum
Bah, I believe most established stuff like the MPUV, the Appaloosa or the Devil Rat are out already; and the firearm set hasn't changed much even since the second edition.
So, if there's a bunch of cool stuff there, you'll have to ask yourself why you haven't ever heard about it; if not - why bother?
hobgoblin
Nothing like a "lightly" used MIG to brighten a riggers day.

that is, if it has a sane weapons capacity...
Mäx
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ May 28 2011, 12:56 AM) *
Nothing like a "lightly" used MIG to brighten a riggers day.

that is, if it has a sane weapons capacity...

Actually the MIG is in Unfriendly skies and not in this one.
Fatum
QUOTE (Mäx @ May 28 2011, 02:12 AM) *
Actually the MIG is in Unfriendly skies and not in this one.
Because there's no way for a major aircraft-producing company to have more than one model in production simultaneously.
That said, hasn't MiG largely moved to LAVs, if Arsenal is to be believed?
hobgoblin
did i miss something? I was under the impression it was a Unfriendly Skies chapter.

edit: ok, now i see. Hmm, elf purity groups...
Fatum
Nah, it's a link on the usual "See our other docs" place.
hermit
Incoming: Attitude.

Uhm.

So this has been shelved for how long?

Also, the preview PDF gives me lots of error messages. Does this happen for anyone else?

Because there's no way for a major aircraft-producing company to have more than one model in production simultaneously.
That said, hasn't MiG largely moved to LAVs, if Arsenal is to be believed?

IIRC the Mig 63 is a LAV from the SOTA with the merc stuff (64, I think).

the slow but easy-to-overlook Skyswimmer

Yeah, people overlook giant cargo blimps all the time, because nothing's quite as easy to miss as a floating blob 100 meters long and 40 meters wide. Uhm ... wtf.

That said, it's nice to see all the old vehicles come back, with new art (so this is what AAS has been doing?). If the pdf works better than the preview, I'll getb it and post a review of it soon-ish.
Fatum
QUOTE (hermit @ May 28 2011, 03:36 AM) *
Also, the preview PDF gives me lots of error messages. Does this happen for anyone else?
Yep, me. The file itself appears to be broken a bit, with a page missing.

IIRC the Mig 63 is a LAV from the SOTA with the merc stuff (64, I think).
And it's said to be the second in the BVM line MiG's producing. And MiG-67's in Arsenal.

Yeah, people overlook giant cargo blimps all the time, because nothing's quite as easy to miss as a floating blob 100 meters long and 40 meters wide. Uhm ... wtf.
Actually, it's been long established that the blimps do a lot of hauling in SR. So it's overlooked cause it's omnipresent, not cause it's invisible. "Blah, one more of these, the 156th for today".

That said, it's nice to see all the old vehicles come back, with new art (so this is what AAS has been doing?). If the pdf works better than the preview, I'll getb it and post a review of it soon-ish.
I'm especially interested to see some more LAV art, and am thus left wondering if there are any LAVs there to begin with...
hermit
Yep, me. The file itself appears to be broken a bit, with a page missing.

Ack. Did any brave person already buy this file? Is the buyable file also broken?

EDIT: Bought it. Works fine.

Actually, it's been long established that the blimps do a lot of hauling in SR. So it's overlooked cause it's omnipresent, not cause it's invisible. "Blah, one more of these, the 156th for today".

Ah, yes, that's plausible. Still, container freighters are pretty common too, and not exactly overlooked. But meh. I'll see when I buy the file, I guess.

I'm especially interested to see some more LAV art, and am thus left wondering if there are any LAVs there to begin with...

None in the preview, but there's a lot that technically could be in there, so I sure hope there are some ...

Oh, and upon reading, this isn't actually AAS' art, but Chris Wilhelms.
CanRay
No LAVs, but there are some Tilt-Wing craft that look nice, as well as some rotorcraft which are always good to have.
Prime Mover
I see EA is to be included in 2074 black book. We gonna see the PDF soon?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012