Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dumpshock chat
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Dumpshock News, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion
Prime Mover
Hmmm for a few hours this morning a chat tab appeared up at top of the page. It didn't work just kept trying to load without leaving the page. I see it's disappeared now. A work in progress?
Redjack
No changes here.. No testing here...
CanRay
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jun 9 2011, 08:52 AM) *
No changes here.. No testing here...

This isn't the chat we're looking for. Move along, more along...
Redjack
Validated the source files have not been changed as well. I think you may have a local infection.
CanRay
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jun 9 2011, 10:17 AM) *
Validated the source files have not been changed as well. I think you may have a local infection.

Actually I saw it as well last night.

EDIT: I'm sorry, did I say last night? I mean RIGHT FRAGGIN' NOW. Right under the datajack of the Dumpshock Logo in the upper-left corner of the screen.
Yerameyahu
That's always been there, I thought. It's for the IRC chat, which no one uses.
Redjack
I must have misunderstood. I thought there was some other chat window popping up?
Yerameyahu
I assume the reason it doesn't load is that it's not an irc:// link. So, the browser tries it as a web page (http://), and it has no web page there.
Bull
That was for the Dumpshock IRC server that Jackal was running for a while. He was hosting it out of pocket, but he started having issues with the company that was hosting. Between that and very low traffic, he decided to drop it. The link should probably be removed at some point.

Bull
Bull
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jun 9 2011, 12:45 PM) *
I assume the reason it doesn't load is that it's not an irc:// link. So, the browser tries it as a web page (http://), and it has no web page there.

Yeah, Jackal had an information page set up that gave the address and stuff, links to a web-based IRC program, links to download a couple real IRC programs, and basic IRC primer, since a lot of the younger kids today never used it, with their facny message boards and Instant Messaging and texting and GET OFF MY LAWN YOU LOUSY KIDS!!!!

AHem... Anyway...

Yeah. Stuff.

Bull
Prime Mover
Strange I don't remember seeing the tab before and it's not there now.
Was right between dumpshock tab and terms of service tab.
Prime Mover
I used to log into the shadowrun irc about once a day and hang for a few, no one ever showed up.
Yerameyahu
Still there. smile.gif More'f a button than a tab.
Prime Mover
I clicked it about three times then poof it was gone.
[jackal]
Ok, long and short about what happened.

My previous host decided, without giving me any sort of heads up, to move their host. Changing all IP addresses and deleting the old files. This was a two fold problem. My backups were kept on said server, also the domain name was linked to the IP address specifically, which they changed and could not or would not restore back to it's old IP address.

I've tried several times to get in contact with Dumpshock's owners to make arrangements to set up a new server and change the IP routing, I've yet to hear back from anyone. So, if any one that has access rights to the Dumpshock Domain name reads this, please contact me either through PMs here or contact Bull, as he knows how to reach me as well.
Platinum
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Jun 9 2011, 02:05 PM) *
I used to log into the shadowrun irc about once a day and hang for a few, no one ever showed up.

I showed up plenty of times. I would see people, and some even responded from time to time. Problem was, no one had anything worth saying.
[jackal]
I've been informed about the change in management, so we'll see where that goes.
[jackal]
Dumpshock IRC is live again and all ready to roll. Nickserv and Chanserv are up and running. The dicebot is in the works and will come later.
Platinum
QUOTE ([jackal] @ Jun 14 2011, 10:32 PM) *

Dumpshock IRC is live again and all ready to roll. Nickserv and Chanserv are up and running. The dicebot is in the works and will come later.

We need a vote button.

thx for putting it back up.
[jackal]
Just to let people know, I added the 7500 port back since some people had it configured for that specific port. As for the chat tab at the top, I can't do anything about that. I only run the IRC server which is actually independent of the forums.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012