Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Origins Thanks
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
LurkerOutThere
I'll take a quick moment here to thank the players who came to Origins, i hope you all had as much fun playing as I had running for you.

I'll also take a moment on a personal note to thank Bull and Southpaw as well as Jason and all the other CGL folks for all the work they did to make things happen, you guys rock!
Bull
Also, I too want to extend my thanks to everyone who came out and played, GMed, watched, helped, and otherwise participated.

We ran 46 events, including the Scramble, and had a total of 272 tickets, which is amazing. It was a great show, and I'm thankful to have a kickass group of GMs and other helpers, and I'm grateful that we got so many players coming out and having fun.

Now, on to Gen Con!

Bull
UmaroVI
I had a great time at Origins - thanks to Bull and everyone else who helped run things.
squee_nabob
I had a great time with the missions run at Origins. Bull had a really good team of GMs, and the scramble was fantastic.
KarmaInferno
I had a blast with the events at Origins. Even getting ambushed by more than double our group's number of opposition during the Scramble. Lesson learned: Don't split the party.

I think my only comment overall was that the Scramble was perhaps a bit too spread out. Given the fewer than planned players and the size of the convention hall, there were a couple of points where we did not see other Scramble participants for extended periods. The exhibit hall closing probably did not help either.

Had good fun, with good friends, what more could I want.

-k
Bull
GAMA was really on the ball this year, except for one thing... We had no event data. So we had no idea how many people signed up for any of our events. While this isn't a 100% accurate piece of data (We often have a few no shows on sold tickets), there's a big difference between selling out all 36 tickets, and selling a dozen.

Had we known the numbers, we'd have likely confined the Scramble a bit more. Unfortunately not knowing what the turn out would be until the last minute hurt us a bit. Still, I think it went off pretty well, all things considered.

Thanks for playing!
squee_nabob
I think the scramble was appropriately sized for the number of players expected. Having them too condensed could get pretty bad too
DWC
So, for those of us who couldn't make Origins, what happened?
LurkerOutThere
In general or at the scramble?

The scramble itself took place in the ork underground, there were some artifacts loose amongst the underground denizens and some of the big players in the artifacts race were looking for them. Additionally someone was trying to kidnap Dana Oaks and someone was trying to protect/rescue her. Good times were (at least from what I observed) had by all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012