Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SPOILERS Review of CMP 2011-04: Ancient Pawns
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
squee_nabob
[ Spoiler ]
UmaroVI
[ Spoiler ]
Critias
I'm going to break the spoiler-post trend, and just say awesome.

I had a blast writing this, I've had fun every time I've run it (playtest groups, local conventions, that sort of thing), and it's great to hear that other folks are having fun with it, too. The way you guys are describing it are exactly how I hoped it would someday be described -- over the top fun, bringing a little of the flair and silliness back to the shadows, and some fun NPCs, all wrapped up in a race-against-the-clock format with individual jobs that can be solved a variety of ways.

One of my favorite things about the times I've run it was that no two groups have done anything in exactly the same way. If you've got the time and inclination, I'd love to hear how your crew handled any of the mini-jobs.
UmaroVI
Here's how we handled the tasks:

[ Spoiler ]
LurkerOutThere
[ Spoiler ]
Hida Tsuzua
I was in the same game as Umaro and Squee (I was playing Xerxes).

[ Spoiler ]
squee_nabob
[ Spoiler ]
LurkerOutThere
[ Spoiler ]
squee_nabob
[ Spoiler ]
UmaroVI
[ Spoiler ]

DWC
[ Spoiler ]
squee_nabob
[ Spoiler ]
LurkerOutThere
[ Spoiler ]
UmaroVI
[ Spoiler ]
squee_nabob
[ Spoiler ]
LurkerOutThere
Just because you read something as exactly the opposite of what was is intended and spelled out doesn't require a FAQ update. The resonance realm shortcut only works if the technomancer is in the node or if the sprite has regular node access. The great connection as a fluff piece doesn't invalidate that actual rules language.

Once again, you actively reading something wrong and then reading something else as maybe sorta kinda doesn't require a FAQ update.
DireRadiant
P. 154 Unwired.
"As creatures of resonance, sprites may travel to and from
the resonance realms as they please. This allows them a kind of
shortcut, taking a path from one node to another via the resonance
realms, rather than through the Matrix. This does not, however,
give them a free pass to bypass firewalls and system security. A
sprite may only use this shortcut to access a node in which the
technomancer to whom they are registered is present (i.e., the
technomancer calls them into the node), or in which they have
legitimate account or backdoor access. Otherwise, the sprite must
hack into the node, following the same rules as any other hacker
(p. 221, SR4)."

TM must be in node already, or else Sprite must hack into node just like any other Hacker.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012