Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
Aria
Don't get me wrong...I'd love to kneecap him...I just think it might be more productive not to!
Aria
QUOTE (Seth @ Jul 26 2011, 07:21 AM) *
  • Hey, I was already working on one of the bikes.
  • You sure you want to involve civilians in this?
  • I'm not too keen about trying the security on the Lone Star drone, especially in AR.

I'm thinking civilian cars much easier target than the bikes (the bikes will be hidden probably so take time to find them...but you never know). I don't really want to involve the civilians but I am quite worried about out position. As far as the drone goes, I mostly wanted options and info.

Ok, brief tactical appraisal:
  • The area could best be described as ‘light industrial’ with shed buildings rather than blocks
  • There is a biker on either side of you approaching fast. Perhaps 25m away
  • The step van is perhaps 30m behind you with intervening traffic
  • The jackrabbit could travel on the pavement but only slowly without running over the odd pedestrian. At 11 ish in the morning it isn’t exactly busy but there are also trees along the sidewalk which would be hazardous.
  • The drone is an unarmed traffic monitoring drone – it will be difficult to hack though
  • There is plenty of civilian traffic you could hack-on-the-fly. I imagine most will be connected to grid guide though and there must be some inherent security otherwise nobody would get in their car!
  • Doza is very close now, although I’m not sure you’d be aware of that. She can see the gunmen get out of the van – she is on the road you just turned left off

Hope that helps. Think I’ll have to address the other forum to see how easy or hard your proposed hacking tasks should be... nyahnyah.gif
Seth
Thanks for that Aria. I'm interested in the answer from the forum's too. My tuppence on it is that they are probably rating 3 to 4 (page 222 of SR4a)
  • Average 3 Standard personal electronics, headware, vehicles, drones, home/business terminals
  • Complex 4 Security vehicles, alphaware, research terminals, security devices
  • Smart 5 High-end devices, betaware, security terminals, military vehicles
  • Cutting Edge 6 Deltaware, credsticks

I'm going to try and hack that Toyota Gopher 2 cars the one where I can see the guy has a seat belt on.
Assuming he isn't being illegal and hiding what with Knight Errant drones around and all:
Hacking on the fly: OK its a bust. Not going to get security account with 5 successes
I'll try a different car: White Van Man.
Now we are talking. The first might do it, the second almost certainly will. 6 then 9 successes.

That's all of this round, and the first IP of the next. So I'll just post this far. Next option will be hopefully a Ramming roll!

galenbd
@Aria Jamie's pretty sure she will need to ride herd on her agent, so she's waiting for it's response before her next action.

I'm hoping to find the team's communications and the node of the bike itself.

Galen
Seth
@GalenB
I'm only going to be away for 3 or 4 seconds, and I'm hoping the bikes will be still catching up with us at the end of that.
Notsoevildm
@Seth:
I didn't specify the extra power for the air spirit when I summoned it so I hope you will let me off with Psychokinesis. 1 service to gather papers, 3 remaining.

Conceal the party. Spirit is F3 is just enough to conceal all of us. -3 dice to perception tests for bad guys to detect us. 1 service, 2 left.
galenbd
QUOTE (Seth @ Jul 26 2011, 02:07 PM) *
@GalenB
I'm only going to be away for 3 or 4 seconds, and I'm hoping the bikes will be still catching up with us at the end of that.

But Jamie does not know that.

Galen
Aria
@Seth: You are in (security account) to the van. You can hack the autopilot to divert the van (change lanes) but not do something it would otherwise not consider (like ramming another vehicle) as this would need at least an admin! Of course you can direct it into the path of the bike and hope he crashes into the van...

@Galen: Jamie's agent has found the node of the bike and the biker (neither are hidden).

Both feel free to IC this if I don't get a chance first! I'm happy for you to 'take out' the bikers but that still leaves the gun men on foot! They will have clear shots in the next full combat round IP1 Initiative a poxy 10
JxJxA
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 26 2011, 09:41 PM) *
Don't get me wrong...I'd love to kneecap him...I just think it might be more productive not to!

Yeah, I figured I'd ask because I didn't want to be the a-hole that derails the entire story nyahnyah.gif
Seth
Hey: don't worry about story derailing. If you want to get chased by Knight Errant because they have cameras installed in his office be my guest ork.gif
galenbd
Jamie is defaulting to Reaction to try and turn the car around in the tight space she's in.
I screwed up the defaulting. I didn't subtract one die for defaulting. It doesn't matter I didn't get any successes.

0 successes

Galen
galenbd
Ok, let's try an Edge reroll. I even made the numbers right after the default.

1 success

Galen
Seth
@Jamie
I don't have pilot either: I see a need to sort that out.

@aria
Well I am feeling good luck city with this post:

Spoofing the guidance. 5 successes

I am assuming the traffic is going very slowly /stationary because the gun men are walking so...

Gymnastics to dive out of the car, and get behind another (I fancy hiding behind an engine block, not a piece of plastic), this should give me decent cover from the gun men:4 successes

Shooting like trinity, just because its cool,
I'm guessing instead of --2 for running, -4 for tumbling...does that sound OK? If not just adjudicate something
Wow that is a shot and a half: 7 successes. Its a Defiance EX shocker, base damage 8S(e).

I've put IC that I hit well, I'll tweak it if he gets a load of successes dodging.

I'm not sure where we are in initiative: I think that was me at the end of round two. (2 actions to fail to hack, 2 actions to hack, 1 to spoof, simple action to shoot.

INitiative for round 3: I go on 20
Seth
@Ember, Demon & Copperhead
Do you want to IC your movement away? Your belief is that for this Knight Errant couldn't arrest you.
  • There is a coffee shop a couple of blocks away.
  • There is a kebab shop just down the street "The two mermaids", it has indoor seating, cheap but good food and drink.
  • There is a loud nightclub with 5 exits a block away. "Armageddon" it is called, and it's in full swing
  • You could go somewhere else

Aria
Galen, can yo confirm what programs your agent is running? I'm pretty sure it can't just run your progs on your commlink for you (someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure smile.gif)
Seth
I have to admit I have never to hang with the Agent rules...I prefer to do it 'myself' (whatever that means). I'm interested in seeing how they work though
sabs
He can run a program, and designate it for the use of his agent. (and vice versa)
The quick things to remember:
An agent counts against your processor limit.
You cannot 'share' a program. Either you're using it, or your agent is. But your agent can use your programs. So He can ask an agent to hack something for him, as long as said agent doesn't have restrictions built in.
Alyena
@ Aria, Galen and Seth

As I understand it Doza arrives on the scene in time to see the bikers taken out and 2 gunmen leave the van on foot .
One of these is dealt with by Jotamon with his trusty taser. I would like to swerve through the traffic to be able to ride up behind the 2nd gunman. Put the bike on auto "straight ahead" and jump from it to the van as I pass, leaving the bike to hit the bad guy, while I see who else may be about to enter the fray ork.gif

galenbd
QUOTE (sabs @ Jul 27 2011, 04:51 PM) *
He can run a program, and designate it for the use of his agent. (and vice versa)
The quick things to remember:
An agent counts against your processor limit.
You cannot 'share' a program. Either you're using it, or your agent is. But your agent can use your programs. So He can ask an agent to hack something for him, as long as said agent doesn't have restrictions built in.

Sabs is right. I can give a utility to the agent to use. I have a decrypt, but it's not loaded. As far as I can tell, it's a free action to load and a Simple to unload. I forgot about that part. It will reduce my Response, but since I haven't posted die rolls for my agent, at least I don't have to do major rewrites. I'll try and those posted this evening.

Galen
galenbd
Yokinko's 2nd IP
Initiate Cryptanalysis
Reference: Core p. 230
Skill:Agent 4
Utility: Decrypt 3
Threshold: Encryption x 2
4 successes

Yokinko's 3rd IP
Initiate Cryptanalysis on the other channel.

4 successes

Once initialized, the cryptanalysis will continue without Yokinko working on it until the threshold is passed.

Galen
Aria
Seth, you seem to have forgotten range again nyahnyah.gif tasers are really crap at range! Invis castle seems to be temporarily broken so I’ll assume you’ve dodged and wheeled to within 15m of one of the van gunmen - which is -3 range for you, don’t know how that affects your roll but given his defence you’ve hit him but he’s not out! (Seriously knackered by the electricity effects of course, but then who cares when you’ve got an assault rifle and suppressive fire?!)

Jotamon is being fired at by the gunman running over the top of the car - two short wide bursts (negatives to dodge please...but you have good cover)

Just to confirm: The biker near Jamie is about 10m from the jackrabbit. The gunmen from the van are a further 10m beyond that (15m from Jotamon) and the van is 10m beyond them.

Doza is now about 30-40m behind the van and approaching fast on her growler
Seth
I included an assumption that he was 10m away, and reduced my roll by that. I guess since invisible castle was bust (again) you didn't see comment in http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3126630/ smile.gif
At 15m its another -2, At 20 its another -5. At both of those it would be 6 successes.

Assault rifles are scary, so I'm glad I got behind that car, although I suspect Spoilt Executive's Son is not so happy.

Dodging. Cover +4, Short burst I guess is -3 to dodge: 5 and 3 (the cover gave me 2 and 1 successes so well worth it)

I note that in the creation of this character I screwed up the armor a bit...ah well I will go shopping in the near future, probably to replace these blood stained clothes. I'm guessing soaking is in my future: Two soak rolls, both 3. I wasn't sure about AP, but I don't think it will matter.

I'm guess its time to shoot again. I have included penalties for me shooting from cover and range (15m), but not sure about others
5 and 4 more taser goodness. I only have 1 dart left.

Aria
QUOTE (Seth @ Jul 27 2011, 08:48 PM) *
@Ember, Demon & Copperhead
Do you want to IC your movement away? Your belief is that for this Knight Errant couldn't arrest you.
  • There is a coffee shop a couple of blocks away.
  • There is a kebab shop just down the street "The two mermaids", it has indoor seating, cheap but good food and drink.
  • There is a loud nightclub with 5 exits a block away. "Armageddon" it is called, and it's in full swing
  • You could go somewhere else

KE could probably arrest Copperhead just for breathing!

We are a slightly disparate group and this is downtown! I think we should avoid a coffee shop or similar around here. Anyone got a nearby safehouse? Otherwise I think I'll try and find a crappy (non coffin) hotel which won't ask questions...I suggest we don't all walk in together as that really would raise some eyebrows!

We need somewhere private we can spread all this paper / files out in and start trawling...

I'll wait for anyone else to chip in otherwise let's just IC from inside the hotel room an hour or so later...?
Seth
I might (mu ha ha) have an interrupt if you head far away. Don't go more than 10 mins IC.

If you are going a long way, how are you intending to travel? If anyone has a car/van that's good. Metro is still running, and you are downtown. Cabs can be called, but as you point out...one look at Copperhead and they may zoom off past.

Note to self: especially after the Jotamon/Jamie/Doza game...put more thought into transport! If only second hand white vans were cheaper
Aria
I'll get my driver David to pick us up again and we'll head south to a more robust neighbourhood and a cheap hotel/motel.

I will book a room and then let the other two know which it is so they can join me.

IC +10mins should cover us getting to the south of downtown? A dirt cheap airport hotel might be just the thing we need...
Seth
OK you IC getting in the car and driving. I'll take over as you pull into the hotel carpark.
Aria
QUOTE (Seth @ Jul 28 2011, 12:56 PM) *
Dodging. Cover +4, Short burst I guess is -3 to dodge: 5 and 3 (the cover gave me 2 and 1 successes so well worth it)

Two soak rolls, both 3. I wasn't sure about AP, but I don't think it will matter.

Well you are lucky with that first dodge roll as it takes you out of the path of the bullets...looks like he anticipated you though as the second burst wings you

6P + 1 net hits -3 soak is 4 damage! I'll let you decide if you want to roll edge on this one before I IC it!
Aria
QUOTE (Seth @ Jul 28 2011, 01:21 PM) *
OK you IC getting in the car and driving. I'll take over as you pull into the hotel carpark.

Renton municipal airport here we come - I've added a placemarker to the 2072 map!
Seth
Perfect.

My references don't say what Security Level it would be, but I would hazard an A in the airport itself and at least a B within a mile. Does that sound sensible?

Notsoevildm
Copperhead can always use Physical Mask to conceal her more obvious attributes, just not her size. But then, who pays attention to ork/troll cleaning staff/laborers anyway.
Seth
@Aria/Jotamon
I have "unlucky", and I saw what happened to Fearghas...no I will take the hit. Platelet factories will knock a point of. I suspect I will be looking for a street doc!
galenbd
Vehicle Ram
Reference: Core p. 169
Skill: default Reaction 4 + Reaction 5 + Handling 0 = 9
Threshold: Opposed
I’m within 15 m which is the car’s Walking range.
Base Damage: 4

1 success

Crash test

Reference: Core p. 170
Skill: default Reaction 4 + Reaction 5 = 9
Threshold: 3

1 success

Vehicle Damage Resistance
Reference: Core p.170
Base Damage: 4
Attribute: Body 8 + Armor 2 = 10

6 successes

At least my crash did not damage the car.

Galen
Alyena
@ Aria
As things have changed a bit will abandon my first idea and go to Plan B.

Doza will stop the bike behind the bad guy's van and pull the Ingram White Knight from its holster. Firing a long burst at the one running up over the car towards Jotamon.
Agility 6, Heavy weapons 6, Spec 2, Smart link 2 = 16 dice. Short range no mods

8 successes

Can you apply any mods for the target running etc?

Swap target to the 2nd man that Jotamon tasered and fire a single shot to (hopefully) reduce collateral damage if I miss! 14 dice as second shot.

3 successes

Aria
Will try and get an IC up today (for both threads) if I can although I'm babysitting so it might not be possible!

I do just want to say "Holy Frag Alyena!!! Your whipping out a light machine gun in Downtown Seattle?!?" biggrin.gif Better not get caught! ork.gif

Of course they started it with the Heat esque rampage with assault rifles, you're just upping the ante!
Alyena
You have heard of 'Girl Power' haven't you?

I'm in hot pursuit from the Barrens and I've got what I've got.
Anyway, it's not that big a gun..... compared to a troll!
Aria
QUOTE (Alyena @ Aug 1 2011, 11:16 AM) *
You have heard of 'Girl Power' haven't you?

I'm in hot pursuit from the Barrens and I've got what I've got.
Anyway, it's not that big a gun..... compared to a troll!

Rock On Sister! biggrin.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Alyena @ Jul 30 2011, 11:19 AM) *
@ Aria
As things have changed a bit will abandon my first idea and go to Plan B.

Doza will stop the bike behind the bad guy's van and pull the Ingram White Knight from its holster. Firing a long burst at the one running up over the car towards Jotamon.
Agility 6, Heavy weapons 6, Spec 2, Smart link 2 = 16 dice. Short range no mods

8 successes

Can you apply any mods for the target running etc?

Swap target to the 2nd man that Jotamon tasered and fire a single shot to (hopefully) reduce collateral damage if I miss! 14 dice as second shot.

3 successes

LMGs don't fire single shots but not to worry...car guy is toast...hiding guy is luckier...IC to follow!
Aria
I'll confess to having lost track of IPs already (and it was only a weekend break - the wallpaper glue must be getting to me!)

I think we are on IP3 now and there's one chipped (but still smoking bad guy to act plus you lot...) correct me if you think otherwise!
galenbd
I concur. I think we are on IP 3 as well. Yokinko has a third IP, but I think she has no orders. When that biker shoots me, it's going to suck.

Galen
Seth
Well I suggest we all agree its IP 3 and go from there!

I believe that I am suffering from wound penalties and have been knocked on my ass. That's fine with me, as it means I have probably broken line of sight with the shooter...but can see their feet. I suspect the cars give them full cover, and I am at medium range with a point of pain.

I'm taking a load of minus's, but I'm hoping that they don't see this shot coming... Total of 3 successes 2 successes and 1 success

Just one shot as I will assume it takes me a single action to get my act together after being shot.

Let me know what happens and I will post it IC.
Seth
@Aria/Copperhead/Demon
Are you lot OK if I kick off a scene about you entering a hotel near the airport?
JxJxA
I'm good smile.gif
Seth
@Copperhead
Just so you know...that was your detect enemies spell going off.
Aria
QUOTE (Seth @ Aug 2 2011, 06:37 PM) *
Well I suggest we all agree its IP 3 and go from there!

I believe that I am suffering from wound penalties and have been knocked on my ass. That's fine with me, as it means I have probably broken line of sight with the shooter...but can see their feet. I suspect the cars give them full cover, and I am at medium range with a point of pain.

I'm taking a load of minus's, but I'm hoping that they don't see this shot coming... Total of 3 successes 2 successes and 1 success

Just one shot as I will assume it takes me a single action to get my act together after being shot.

Let me know what happens and I will post it IC.

Can you make a perception test to spot him through the sea of tyres etc? Don't forget wound modifiers and any visibility you think appropriate (it's daylight and therefore the areas under the cars seem darker...don't think thermo will be much good as there is still a fair amount of exhaust smoke even with the majority of electric cars...)

If you spot him feel free to shoot him on IP3

@Galen, don't worry, the biker has only two IPs and has been ordered to shoot Doza ork.gif

More IC to follow...lunchtime perhaps...
Seth
Luck is with me: 7 hits, (I assumed low light would drop the visibility to -2).
Aria
QUOTE (Seth @ Aug 3 2011, 09:25 AM) *
Luck is with me: 7 hits, (I assumed low light would drop the visibility to -2).

Oh yeah! Even with an insane threshold you can still see him! Of course now you have to hit him <mental note to scratch out one more bad guy nyahnyah.gif>
Seth
Sadly I only got 3 successes (early post), but he probably isn't dodging...so thats 11S(e). Mind you after seeing Doza guns(and their assault rifles are identical) in action, I feel like I am bringing a pop gun to a battle.
Second shot if needed: I am fixated on 3 successes those penalties sure add up...that was -9
Aria
QUOTE (Seth @ Aug 3 2011, 01:14 PM) *
Sadly I only got 3 successes (early post), but he probably isn't dodging...so thats 11S(e). Mind you after seeing Doza guns(and their assault rifles are identical) in action, I feel like I am bringing a pop gun to a battle.
Second shot if needed: I am fixated on 3 successes those penalties sure add up...that was -9

He's down! Sorry for my lack of IC today but I've started two new projects at work and life is getting in the way frown.gif

Will try and pick up by the end of the week!
Seth
RL trumps dumpshock. Hope work goes well
Alyena
@ Aria

Doza is a bit behind the others so am on IP2

She will move to the van and check it out. My understanding is that the door to the main compartment the gunmen jumped from is still open. Can you tell me what I see? I'm assuming that there is still someone inside so will be fairly cautious. Can I see a driver, is the cab open to the back etc. Depending on what you say will probably just lob in a stun grenade, close the door and count to 3 ork.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012