Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sensors + Gunnery?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Yerameyahu
That's not what we're talking about. smile.gif You said 'vehicle weapons is the vehicle-only weapons from Arsenal', and I corrected you. It's anything mounted on a vehicle. Whatever bearing that has on Gunnery action types is beyond me. I don't think Arsenal's vehicular guns have any relation to the question. :/
longbowrocks
Well, the title in arsenal for the big guns is "Vehicle Weapons", most likely because they cannot be used by non-vehicles, but I guess they use the term in other places too.
Aerospider
@Udoshi: Very interesting. I never considered that the entry in the table was assuming the use of passive targeting, but I think you're right. Damn that's annoying. (The rules being unclear, not you being right). Thanks.
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Aerospider @ Jul 15 2011, 12:58 AM) *
In full-auto mode you can fire short bursts, long bursts and full bursts. No need to change mode. SR4a p.154.
True, but we were talking about Called Shots. Those can only be done in SS, SA and BF mode. SR4A p. 161. So by RAW you can call a shot on a Wide Short Burst in BF Mode, but it is impossible on any Short Burst in FA mode. silly.gif
Aerospider
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Jul 15 2011, 06:29 AM) *
True, but we were talking about Called Shots. Those can only be done in SS, SA and BF mode. SR4A p. 161. So by RAW you can call a shot on a Wide Short Burst in BF Mode, but it is impossible on any Short Burst in FA mode. silly.gif

Ah, so I see. Good catch.

Yeah, I won't be enforcing that technicality in my game.
Yerameyahu
Wait, what? The rules *finally* get something right, and you're going to ignore it? Sigh. smile.gif It's bad enough that FA mode does everything.
Aerospider
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 15 2011, 02:23 PM) *
Wait, what? The rules *finally* get something right, and you're going to ignore it? Sigh. smile.gif It's bad enough that FA mode does everything.

Well the issue was the inconsistency - as in allowing FA mode to fire short bursts, but then not treat it the same as a BF short burst. I would also consider removing the FA ability to fire short bursts to be preferable to the RAW discrepancy.
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 15 2011, 03:23 PM) *
Wait, what? The rules *finally* get something right, and you're going to ignore it? Sigh. smile.gif
So you think it is right that you cannot accurately aim an automatic weapon when you release the trigger after three shots, but you can if the weapon stops firing after three rounds? Also you think that using a wide burst to target a specific part of a target represents real life well?

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 15 2011, 03:23 PM) *
It's bad enough that FA mode does everything.
There may be a reason why not all RL automatic weapons have a SA/BF/FA trigger group.
Yerameyahu
As you clearly saw, Dakka Dakka, I meant that they finally limited FA in *some* way… any way. smile.gif Obviously, there are dozens of other bad aspects remaining (for bursts of all kinds), like the couple you pointed out.

Honestly, there's no reason for FA mode to include SA, BF, etc. under its umbrella. All it does is cause weird rules interactions. (Agreed, Aerospider.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012