Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KW Player Looking For Group
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Grinchy McScrooge
I'm in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. I'm looking for a semi-serious group to play with. I have a little experience with SR3, but I'm just learning SR4A. I've also somehow fallen into GMing a group of utter n00bs (if they ever get their acts together), so I could definitely use some more experience with the system.
Raven the Trickster
Well, if you can get to Hamilton we've got one ongoing game (karma gen using german errata at 750 karma) and one upcoming game (karma gen, same rules, 1125 karma). The ongoing game runs alternate weekends either saturday or sunday depending on schedules. The upcoming game will run the opposite weekends once it gets organized in a little while.

We do have a few odd house rules, and we still (mostly) aren't the most experienced, but we've been playing for most of a year now so a lot of the bugs are worked out. We're playing SR4A.
Grinchy McScrooge
That would be awesome, but unfortunately I have no way to get down to The Hamilton Metroplex. Thanks for the invite though. frown.gif
pbangarth
I play in the Hamilton group, and live in Toronto. I have on occasion taken the Go bus to Hamilton. Is there a bus connection you could use? Stay overnight and go home in the morning if necessary? Yes, I know the transportation cost would be a little high.
Grinchy McScrooge
It's a really good idea but for two things:

1) The GO Bus routing would require me to take a bus from Kitchener to Square One, switch to another bus to Union Station, and switch to a third bus heading to Hamilton. A trip of approximately 4 hours.

2) I'd never be able to justify the expense to my wife.

I'm not trying to be cantankerous or anything. I really do appreciate the ideas. It's just not logistically feasible. If I drove, it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but growing up in Toronto, I never learned how to drive. Ah, well. I'm hoping I'll be able to find a group when I go back school this fall.
pbangarth
Makes sense. Good luck.
Raven the Trickster
For reference purposes only, the route to take from KW to Hamilton is to take the Canada Coach bus. Direct route, Bus Terminal to Bus Terminal, ~$25 student, $35 adult round trip.

Still adds up though, so I can't blame you for not being able to justify the trip if you don't have a car.

Good luck on your group searching
Grinchy McScrooge
Hadn't thought about Canada Coach. Wouldn't be able to afford regular trips, but it's another option to consider come Hammercon time...
pbangarth
What's Hammercon?
Grinchy McScrooge
It's a gaming convention in Hamilton that takes place at the beginning of November. It started up a couple years ago, but I haven't yet been able to get out to it for a combination of reasons. I'm determined to get there this year.

Hammercon
pbangarth
Thanks. I'll talk to the Hamilton gang about it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012