Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a game in San Antonio, Texas
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Windling
Hi,

Is there anyone in the San Antonio area that has an opening for another player? Thanks!
Method
I'm trying to get a group off the ground. Link

Out of curiosity,what kind of game are you looking for?
Windling
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 9 2011, 08:19 PM) *
I'm trying to get a group off the ground. Link

Out of curiosity,what kind of game are you looking for?

I have little experience with the older systems, but have a passing familiarity. I realize that there are many different types of shadowrun games possible, and I don't have any problems with any setting or thematic frameworks or restrictions; I just want to be in a good game and have fun. I'm not too big into "hack 'n slash", which isn't usually a problem in shadowrun. I've played several SR4 games, I wouldn't claim to be an expert at the complex mechanics, but I know who to do all the normal stuff. I'd honestly (if invited) like to watch (or play a minor NPC) for a session so that I could understand the mood, setting, & theme of the game as well as the group dynamics before making a character. I'd like to have a character that thematically fits instead of causing waves because I didn't understand the game's direction.

I probably rambled, but I hope you have a better picture of me as a gamer.
Method
To be honest, the group isnt really established enough to have any coherent theme or style yet. There are 3 players that make it regularly and 2 of those are brand new to SR. I'm hoping to develop more indepth story lines and detailed characters, but there never seems to be enough time.

Anyway, you wouldn't be disrupting anything if you just jumped in and you are certainly welcome.
Windling
What kind of characters do the regulars have?

Are their any themes or directions you wanted to go, or you just wanted depth of character?

Are you set in the standard SR4 time-frame / setting or is anything different?

Are there any special character creation rules?
Method
QUOTE (Windling @ Aug 9 2011, 11:40 PM) *
What kind of characters do the regulars have?
The three regulars are playing a female overwatch hacker, a dwarf close combat brawler and an ork street sam. There is also a hermetic mage and a dwarf drone rigger at the last session who should be returning.

Are their any themes or directions you wanted to go, or you just wanted depth of character?
I wrote a pretty detailed post in the discussion section of the Meetup page (link) that kind of summarizes my preferences. Our current game is low-powered (300 bp) to emphasize the dystopic feel of the setting, but we've only had a few sessions so I haven't really pursued any heavy themes. I'd love to see some more robust characters. The ones we have now are kind of mono-dimensional, but thats mostly because the players are new to SR and not very familiar with the world yet.

Are you set in the standard SR4 time-frame / setting or is anything different?
Yes, it's standard game world and timeline. Set in Seattle 2070. It's "guns for hire"-style, plain vanilla SR since almost everybody is new to the game.

Are there any special character creation rules?
Current characters are built to 300 bp with standard rules. I use Charisma x 5 free contact points but I handle contact ratings a little differently.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012