Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle 2072 & Runner Havens
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
DanJ
Hey all,
I tried using the search function to see if there was already a thread about this but I couldn't find anything. Either that or my search skills suck...
Anyhow...
heres the question.

If I own seattle 2072 is there anything that runner havens has that the former doesn't if i'm only after seattle info?

Thanks in advance.
Grinder
No, not really.
DanJ
Thanks smile.gif
MJBurrage
There are some all-but-official* Seattle locations written for The Shadowrun Supplemental (Internet Archive).

TSS was written and edited by people who were soon after the lead editors and authors of the actual Shadowrun books, so it is as official as anything not by FASA/FanPro/Catalyst could be.
DanJ
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Aug 9 2011, 09:21 PM) *
There are some all-but-official* Seattle locations written for The Shadowrun Supplemental (Internet Archive).

TSS was written and edited by people who were soon after the lead editors and authors of the actual Shadowrun books, so it is as official as anything not by FASA/FanPro/Catalyst could be.

Ah thanks for the info.

I just bought seattle 2072 yesterday and was trying to see the point in owning runner havens if I already owned that other one. Good to know that if i'm only after seattle info its basically unnecessary.
CanRay
Runner's Havens might have a bit of useful info if you want to 'Run during the 2070 Gubernatorial Election.
DanJ
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 9 2011, 09:35 PM) *
Runner's Havens might have a bit of useful info if you want to 'Run during the 2070 Gubernatorial Election.

Ah i see. Actually whilst i've had an interest in shadowrun for quite some time, i've never played the game before or run a game of it.
So perhaps doing something removed from any significant meta plot event might be better if it means that I have less story points to concurrently consider? I'm unsure. I'm new to that kind of thing.
CanRay
Depends on what you're looking or aiming for. Metaplot can be good for an aim, but you can create your own as well, you don't have to go off of what the game universe is making.

There isn't much metaplot about the election, BTW, just a few suggestions on adventures. The winner does so through a variety of means that... Well... It's laid out in Seattle 2072.

All depends on your playing/GMing style. If you want, you can use the Random Shadowrun Generator to just get random 'Runs going making the group wonder if you have some metaplot in mind and going insane as they try to piece together what's really going on.
Fortinbras
Runner Havens mentions the Crash 2.0 Memorial. Seattle 2072 does not. Neither lists a location, so I put it in Denny Park, but occasionally it comes up, like if you are running Emergence or if you need a quick meeting place.
Plus it's a nice piece of fluff which acknowledges the loss from the second Crash.
Troyminator
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 9 2011, 11:25 PM) *
You can use the Random Shadowrun Generator . . .

Where might one find this Random Shadowrun Generator?
CanRay
Currently in print? Runner's Toolkit.
Bull
Season 4 of Shadowrun Missions takes place in Seattle, and we've been making fairly extensive use of Seattle 2072. One thing we've been doing is fleshing out the Ork underground some as well, since the write ups in any Seattle Book 9or Elsewhere) have been nearly non-existent. We include location summaries and write ups in the Missions to help Gms out, and there's an upcoming Ork underground eBook that will be collecting this material, and adding a bunch more (plus covering history and such).
CanRay
From what I've read of the Season 4 Missions, there's a lot in there, and a lot to come. I'm excited about it, actually.
noonesshowmonkey
I've been building a non-canon resource for my own SR games on Obsidian Portal generically titled In the Long Shadow of Steel & Glass . It is loaded down with locations, contacts and the like. Much of the content there is based off of the style of Dumpshock's archive and the Seattle 2072 book.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012