Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technomancer that's not a drone-omancer
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
PittsburghRPGA
Help me better tune this PC for a new player (never played SR at all) and for a GM who has never run a technomancer. Running in Denver using some of the old Missions along side Emergence, and eventually Ghost Cartels. Standard 400BP. Any other details needed, please ask. I've tried to be thorough.

Player really set on using the Networker Stream and Black Hat Paragon. The reality impaired NQ, combined with a love for the GTA clone game, leads to her incompenent ground vehicle NQ. She doesn't get why so called real world cars don't bounce off walls like in the game. And as a Media Junkie (Moderate), she's got to log into the game and do her dailys. And with the bounty on TMs because of the things in Emergence, she might as well take the Wanted NQ for the extra BPs.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Eric

Street Name: w3Bz
Elf female Age 17
Height 6'2" Weight 117, red hair, pale skinned

== Concept ==
Technomancer Hacker/secondary face. Teen aged girl making her way in the big bad world. Using gear to pretend to be a decker. Just pulling herself out of street/squatter level life style, and ready to hit the deeper shadows.

== Notes ==
Stream: Networker
NQ: Wanted: There is currently a 40,000 nuyen bounty on live Technomancers at several corporations.
PQ: Paragon - The Black Hat - +1 die for Cracking Sprites (since as a Networker, she doesn't have fault sprites).
There is a Rigger/wheelman in the group and the player doesn't want to step on his toes, and she likes the idea hacker constantly in a VR world all the time concept a lot better.

== Attributes == 200BP for normal attributes, 60BP for Edge + Resonance
BOD: 3, AGI: 3, REA: 3, STR: 2, CHA: 6, INT: 4, LOG: 5, WIL: 5, EDG: 3, RES: 5

== Active Skills ==
Groups 50BP
Electronics 3, Cracking 1, Stealth 1 (broken out individually below)

Individual Skills 52BP
Compiling : 4 Pool: 9
Computer : 3 Pool: 8
Cybercombat : 1 Pool: 6
Data Search : 3 Pool: 8
Disguise : 1 Pool: 5
Electronic Warfare : 1 Pool: 6
Etiquette : 2 Pool: 8
Hacking : 1 Pool: 6
Hardware : 3 Pool: 8
Infiltration : 1 Pool: 4
Palming : 1 Pool: 4
Pistols : 2 [Semi-Automatics] Pool: 5 (7)
Registering : 4 [Crack Sprite] Pool: 9 (11)
Shadowing : 1 Pool: 5
Software : 3 Pool: 8

== Knowledge Skills ==
Area Knowledge: Denver : 3 Pool: 7
Data Havens : 3 [N. America] Pool: 7 (9)
English : N [l33t speak]
French : 3
Gaming : 2 [Grand Larceny] Pool: 6 (cool.gif
Gangs : 3 Pool: 7
Security Design : 3 [Matrix] Pool: 8 (10)
Sioux : 3 Pool: 7
Underworld : 2 [Matrix Crime] Pool: 6 (cool.gif

== Contacts ==
Fixer (2, 1)

== Qualities ==
-35 in NQ, 10 in PQ
Allergy (Uncommon, Mild) (Wool)
Incompetent (Pilot Ground Craft)
Media Junkie (Moderate)
Reality Impaired
Wanted
Paragon (The Black Hat)
Technomancer

== Complex Forms == 23BP
Analyze Rating: 5
Armor Rating: 5
Command Rating: 3
Exploit Rating: 5
Stealth Rating: 5

== Gear == 7BP (not all of it spent so far)
Fake SIN Rating 4
+Fake License (FRFZ Concealed Carry Permit) Rating 4

Chrysler-Nissan Jackrabbit (Subcompact)
+Fuzzy Logic
+Pilot Program Rating 3
+Vehicle Sensor

== Weapons ==
Colt Manhunter
+Laser Sight
DV: 5P AP: -1 RC: 0

== Commlinks ==
Erika Elite (5, 4, 3, 4) (wants it to see believable for a young Hacker to be using this)
+Novatech Navi
+Suite: Pro User [Analyze 4, Browse 4, Command 2, Edit 4]
+Encrypt Rating 3
+Data Bomb Rating 3
+Stealth Rating 3
+Optimization (Analyze)
+Increased Response to 5

Living Persona (4 (5), 5, 5, 3)
+Living Persona
+Biofeedback Filter
oinopion
For a technomancer hacking is quite crucial -- 4 seems appropriate. Also browse complex form is quite useful for info gathering.
If this is truly networker, than more contacts! And possibly some more social skills (negotiation, con).
TheOOB
There's no perception skill, shadowrunners who get surprised are dead shadowrunners.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (TheOOB @ Aug 13 2011, 03:01 AM) *
There's no perception skill, shadowrunners who get surprised are dead shadowrunners.

Unfortunately, Surprise is never determined by Perception, seeing as how it is an opposed Reaction Roll. wobble.gif
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 13 2011, 04:46 PM) *
Unfortunately, Surprise is never determined by Perception, seeing as how it is an opposed Reaction Roll. wobble.gif
True, but the GM may call for a perception test to find the ambush and thus negate the +6 for the opposition.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Aug 13 2011, 08:58 AM) *
True, but the GM may call for a perception test to find the ambush and thus negate the +6 for the opposition.

Sure... That is always a possibility. But when surprise hits the initiative, it is still an opposed Reaction Roll.
Miri
I consider Perception at a mid level a MUST on any character I make in any system. And if the character is a hacker then yes, your going to need more then one rank in it (the hacking skill that is).
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Miri @ Aug 13 2011, 09:14 AM) *
I consider Perception at a mid level a MUST on any character I make in any system. And if the character is a hacker then yes, your going to need more then one rank in it (the hacking skill that is).

Without a doubt, Perception is a necessary skill/sbility. It just does not figure into whether a character is surprised or not. smile.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (PittsburghRPGA @ Aug 11 2011, 11:43 AM) *
Elf female Age 17
Incompetent (Pilot Ground Craft)

When I noticed this I couldn't stop laughing...
PittsburghRPGA
QUOTE (Neraph @ Aug 14 2011, 10:38 AM) *
When I noticed this I couldn't stop laughing...

Elf Female 17, plays Grand Larceny (i.e. Grand Theft Auto is a copyrighted term and CP doesn't want sued), plus NQ: Reality Impaired = NQ: Incompetent Pilot Groundcraft.

It makes the 20-something woman playing the character giggle hysterically too.

Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012