Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Books You'd Like To See
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Socinus
So what books and contents would you like to see published for SR4?

Personally, I'd like to see some of the things in Runner's Companion fleshed out more like the alternative character types and the AI

UPDATE: Added a poll
Starglyte
I would like to see some more location books. Tir Tairngire, Caribbean League, Dallas/Ft.Worth, maybe a updated NAN book just for starters.
PeteThe1
Rigger 4
CanRay
QUOTE (PeteThe1 @ Aug 12 2011, 07:18 PM) *
Rigger 4
It is cursed.
suoq
The Shadowrun Bartender's handbook. A guide to drinks, munchies, and pretending to not overhear conversations that could get you killed.

Includes such classics as Hot Laésal Toddies and Hurlg Boilermakers.
ravensmuse
State of the Art - 2072
Shadowrun in Spaaaaaaaace
An actual book on Sixth World Street / Youth / Pop Culture
A GM's Guide. For reals.

Deliberately not trying to start shit, I swear. I know that there have been books that have covered aspects of, but I'm just saying...

Oh, Africa needs something written about it. Anything.
Bushw4cker
The Shedim or book on Magical Threats.

Kama Sutra Sixth World Edition. (Updated for Metahumans)

You are what we Eat! All about Ghouls.

Jhaiisiin
SR5.

(Don't kill me!!!)
Abdul Alhazred
Books updated with errata. Reformatting to fit into SR4A.

More NOVELs....

Gangers book. About doing a campaign as a ganger. 300 BP. I want the classic Seattle gangs in there as well as other cities. More Yakuza and Russian Mafia.

Rigger 4

I don't think CGL can do SR5 justice right now. They can't even put errata in a book....
Critias
*pulls out his popcorn again*

NDAs and common sense prevent me from giving out details (or anything very much like details), but I'll just say that several things being asked about came up in a few recent face-to-face meetings. I won't say which, I won't say if they got a very-early-in-the-game green light, etc, etc...but they came up in discussions.
Socinus
QUOTE (Critias @ Aug 13 2011, 05:49 AM) *
*pulls out his popcorn again*

NDAs and common sense prevent me from giving out details (or anything very much like details), but I'll just say that several things being asked about came up in a few recent face-to-face meetings. I won't say which, I won't say if they got a very-early-in-the-game green light, etc, etc...but they came up in discussions.

So there's very definitely maybe something that could possibly definitely come down the pipe probably sooner or later...
CanRay
QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Aug 12 2011, 10:01 PM) *
SR5.
(Don't kill me!!!)
I'd shoot you in the face, but no one is paying me. nyahnyah.gif
QUOTE (Abdul Alhazred @ Aug 12 2011, 11:32 PM) *
More NOVELS....
I thought there was supposed to be throat punching at GenCon over novels. Yet I haven't heard about any arrests.

I feel somewhat disappointed that the words I put into someone's mouth didn't come true. wink.gif
Abdul Alhazred
The german books translated into english....
TP13
Space stuff (Mars, Moon, Orbitals etc.)
Socinus
QUOTE (Abdul Alhazred @ Aug 13 2011, 06:26 AM) *

Amen
Critias
QUOTE (Socinus @ Aug 12 2011, 11:55 PM) *
So there's very definitely maybe something that could possibly definitely come down the pipe probably sooner or later...

Perhaps.
Smirnov
I would love to see more in-depth books. Most 4e books try to catch it all in one title. To recap 20 years of publications in a couple of books. When whole Aztlan book is squeezed into four-five pages of Almanach, it leaves a lot of blank or undeveloped space. Also 4e books are aimed at new players. This is good because if you want the game to survive, you need to bring in new blood. That's what got me into the game after all. But after I have read the whole bunch of older books, I started to feel a bit disappointed with the current texts mentioning previous storylines. At most it's a shortened recap of the events without the flavour of the old books, at worst it's just three words like 'she is dead'.
As for the book titles, I want more metaplot. Immortal Elves, Dragons, Horrors, new Deus, whatever. And I second more location books.
Summerstorm
A dirty tech book containing:

Vehicle design rules
Deck... i mean comlink design rules
Weapon design rules
Cyberware/Bioware/Gentek/Surgery rules (For introducing the balance and introducing drawbacks)
Rule compendium (Different sets of rules with/without options as spreadsheets and/or compressed bullet point lists)
In those lists: Matrix Actions, Combat Actions, usual equipments, Chase sequences, Surrounding magic rules, usual corporate structures, organized crime structures, Lists of all electronic/magical security devices, list of street names.

I mean i wrote my own compressed lists - you can only understand them if you read the rules. But they make things so much faster, would be nice to have them in a book for all and maybe BETTER than my crap *g*.

Help with thematics, plots and atmosphere to fill the book out after that.

So yeah: pretty much the whole approved and discussed dumpshock forum in one accessible black/green book *g*.
Makki
My guess is easy and working Matrix rules and vehicle rules will have to wait until SR5, afaik that's what JH said.
I still wait wait for the Advanced Magic Rules Book announced in the FAQ.
Setting-wise I think there are enough already. We can play 15+ campaigns each in a different city
ravensmuse
QUOTE (Bushw4cker @ Aug 12 2011, 09:58 PM) *
The Shedim or book on Magical Threats.

Magical Threats would be nice. Some way for "norms" to better fight spirits would be nice too. Didn't realize how bad it was til I ran a group through Chicago...

Kama Sutra Sixth World Edition. (Updated for Metahumans)

We already have the Book of Swallowed Darkness and Book of Erotic Fantasy. Think that's all we really need at this point biggrin.gif

You are what we Eat! All about Ghouls.

Now this is just a genius title. You taking notes, Critias?

QUOTE (Abdul Alhazred @ Aug 12 2011, 11:32 PM) *
Books updated with errata. Reformatting to fit into SR4A.

Never happen. Besides, Adam Jury doesn't work for CGL any more.

QUOTE (Abdul Alhazred @ Aug 13 2011, 01:26 AM) *

How the hell did I forget this? Also some of the French and Polish stuff as well. IIRC, the Japanese don't have anything really worth getting excited over translating though (shame)

QUOTE (Critias @ Aug 13 2011, 02:01 AM) *
Perhaps.

"When will then be now?"
"Soon."

I'm sorry about the quote tree.
Mayhem_2006
Vehicle rules that make sense.

Given that the primary purpose of a vehicle (as opposed to a drone) is the ability to carry people or things from point a to point b in a state of compromise between speed, efficiency and security, actually knowing how many people or things (by volume and weight) can fit inside a vehicle is to my mind one of the most fundamental stats.
Grinchy McScrooge
As a huge fan of world-building fluff, I'd love to see more location books, but only if they're going to be properly researched. Bogota is NOT a port city!

This is a pipe dream, but I'd love to see a book focused on older tech, especially things like cyberdecks, that included rules for using the current rules set in older timelines. I'd love to run a campaign in the 2050's or 2060's, but I just can't envision how to simulate the wired world with the current rules.

I think most of us would love to get the German stuff translated into English, myself included, but I remember reading in one of the threads recently that one of the CGL muckety-mucks said it was never going to happen for a variety of reasons (one of them being cost, I think). frown.gif
suoq
There are times I dream that SR5 will come with a DC style reboot, taking a gun to the fluff that we've suffered with since SR1....
Bushw4cker
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Aug 13 2011, 11:37 AM) *
We already have the Book of Swallowed Darkness and Book of Erotic Fantasy. Think that's all we really need at this point biggrin.gif

But that doesn't include Trolls, Orks, Dwarves, Elves, Shapeshifters.... I game with group that wanted to know if you could have a Modular Penile Implant.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (suoq @ Aug 13 2011, 08:37 AM) *
There are times I dream that SR5 will come with a DC style reboot, taking a gun to the fluff that we've suffered with since SR1....

I hope not. I have never sufferred from the Fluff of the game world. In fact, I actually enjoy the fluff of the game world. Keep it like it is, is my vote. You change the fluff, you end up changing the game world, and it is no longer Shadowrun.

Just my 2 nuyen.gif.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Bushw4cker @ Aug 13 2011, 09:33 AM) *
But that doesn't include Trolls, Orks, Dwarves, Elves, Shapeshifters.... I game with group that wanted to know if you could have a Modular Penile Implant.

Sure, why not? But is it absolutely necessary?
Bushw4cker
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 13 2011, 04:38 PM) *
Sure, why not? But is it absolutely necessary?

Not Necessary...but post is Books You'd like to see..
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Bushw4cker @ Aug 13 2011, 09:02 AM) *
Not Necessary...but post is Books You'd like to see..

I was, of course, referring to the Modular Penile Implant... smile.gif
suoq
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 13 2011, 11:37 AM) *
I was, of course, referring to the Modular Penile Implant... smile.gif

According to King Missile, yes it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (suoq @ Aug 13 2011, 09:41 AM) *
According to King Missile, yes it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4

Heh... King Missile? Yikes...
That was very entertaining though... smile.gif
Sengir
Unwired Revised Ed.
Bigity
I'm down with current, vetted errata for all current products.

Then some novels to put onto my shiny new Kindle besides Spells and Chrome.

Then something like Sprawl Sites, sample maps, etc etc.
warrior_allanon
Bigity, you need to get the runners toolkit, it has sprawl sites and sample maps.

i can agree with the novels, maybe get some new unknown Short story authors

Canray, heres 1000 nuyen, shoot him

Raven muse; SAY WHAT, if those really exist for SR i want, (ok, i'm sick in the head so sue me)

me, i just really want more locations, what was it Ahkmed said, oh yeah
location location location
Prime Mover
Advanced Magic (& some metaplane info), Cutting Edge Tech (somthing to steal from those corps),Big Pack Oh Maps (set in Toolkit rocks) and some good fiction.
CanRay
QUOTE (warrior_allanon @ Aug 14 2011, 07:59 PM) *
Canray, heres 1000 nuyen, shoot him
Sorry, you're too late, I'm busy on a contract right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012