Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Secret World
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Tiralee
Hoi Kids

Apart from being violently ill and everyone of my players off living their lives, have only lately heard of a 2012-release MMORPG that has (thankfully) harvested be worst of popular-culture horror, classical mythos, WOW, X-Files and modern firearms into what looks like a new obsession.

Only doing one link as I don't want to sound like a shrill, but I'm liking the idea of the medic of a group armed with a flaming sword and an AK-47.

Pros: X-files & WoW + assault rifles x fire = Win, a classless system, magic, huuuuuge amount of creepy urban myth that's "cannon" (God help us if there's a Slender Man as the human body can only go for so long without sleep/Long Haul) and a decent degree of customization.
Cons: Made by the people who did Conan Online (So us Aussies are going to have to love the Korean servers), it's another MMO, it's not Shadowrun.

Thoughts, discussion, etc?

-Tir

Blade
Looks interesting, and a bit different from the typical MMO and it's made by Ragnar Tornquist who did a great job on other games. But I'd rather have the sequels to The Longuest Journey and Dreamfall than this.
Adarael
I was completely pro The Secret World until I saw the gameplay videos. Then not so much. My reasoning is that the looks like it plays like WoW/LotRO type MMOs with the 8-10 skills, auto attack, standard stuff like that. At this point in my life if I'm gonna devote any time to an MMO, I want it to do something new and different for me beyond the setting.

That said, if you DON'T have that complaint about MMOs, it looks good.
SinN
Im with Adarael. The idea sounded incredible to me. But then I saw the gameplay vids. Not too impressive. I s'pose if you aint picky about your gaming expeirence, you can enjoy it. I doubt ill pay money for it though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012