Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Constructing Miniguns
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
lunavoco
Are there any additional rules when constructing miniguns? Arsenal Pg 30 Sidebar is intriguing, but offers little in the way of costs, availability, or modification limitations.

Is this a case of "use your best judgement"?
KarmaInferno
Nope. You'll have to make some up.

-k
Dakka Dakka
There are no other rules. Minigun besides the published ones are purely GM Fiat.
Whether you can put barrel mods on miniguns has not been addressed either.
Mardrax
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Sep 1 2011, 07:13 AM) *
Whether you can put barrel mods on miniguns has not been addressed either.

I'd just up the price by a sixfold or so.

And forget about using the barrelmounted scope. wobble.gif
Mäx
QUOTE (Mardrax @ Sep 1 2011, 02:29 PM) *
And forget about using the barrelmounted scope. wobble.gif

I'm pretty sure you can't mount a scope onto barrel slot.
Mardrax
QUOTE (Mäx @ Sep 1 2011, 01:55 PM) *
I'm pretty sure you can't mount a scope onto barrel slot.

You can't. But hey, I liked the image nyahnyah.gif
Zaranthan
QUOTE (Mardrax @ Sep 1 2011, 06:56 AM) *
You can't. But hey, I liked the image nyahnyah.gif

Was your image anything like mine?
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Mardrax @ Sep 1 2011, 01:29 PM) *
I'd just up the price by a sixfold or so.
A sensible houserule, but it is just that - a houserule.
Yerameyahu
You can't ever minigun-ify anything existing. You can invent *new* from-scratch miniguns (with no guidance from the rules).

I'd first ask, 'why?' What about the existing miniguns doesn't work, and can't be fixed via mods (RAW or GM fiat)?
Neraph
QUOTE (Arsenal, page 30, minigun sidebar, last sentence)
Only light, medium, and heavy machine guns can be constructed as miniguns.

Based on that one line one could argue that you can simply buy a gun and claim it is a minigun version. I'm not sure I agree with that though.
Yerameyahu
Ha! Not successfully. biggrin.gif
KarmaInferno
In any case it's a "GM has to make something up" situation.

-k
Yerameyahu
Anyway. smile.gif All guns in SR are the same except for magic bonuses (Alpha, White Knight), so what are you actually looking for? There's at least one LMG, MMG, and HMG minigun in the books (right?), so you've got everything you'd want.
CanRay
Well, considering that the prototype for the original modern Minigun was a Civil War-Era (Or thereabouts) Gatling Gun with an electric motor, shouldn't be too difficult to build a primitive one with Shadowtech... nyahnyah.gif
ZeroPoint
as far as i know, there's only one LMG and two vehicle weapons (at least in the books i'm aware of).

I don't know if it would be possible to mod any weapon into a minigun...seems like something that would have to be built with being a minigun in mind.

But if you were to have it possible, it would require a facility, and take the HV mod and multiply up the cost by like 3 or so.
Yerameyahu
I could well be wrong, then. smile.gif If so, I certainly understand the want.

Yes, it is *impossible* to mod anything into a minigun. MGs can be *designed* as miniguns (by the GM).
Mäx
QUOTE (ZeroPoint @ Sep 1 2011, 07:06 PM) *
as far as i know, there's only one LMG and two vehicle weapons (at least in the books i'm aware of).

German Arsenal has MMG minigun(there's a link somewhere in these forums to PDF containing all the german extra stuff and couple of the chargen tools around here also have that stuff in them).
ZeroPoint
QUOTE (Mäx @ Sep 1 2011, 02:05 PM) *
German Arsenal has MMG minigun(there's a link somewhere in these forums to PDF containing all the german extra stuff and couple of the chargen tools around here also have that stuff in them).

Cool, thanks for the heads up on that Max
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012