Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: City Of Heroes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Hocus Pocus
COH

anybody going to play it? I plan on getting it
KillaJ
Absolutely. I have been eagerly awaiting this one for awhile. Any word on when it will be released?
Hocus Pocus
QUOTE (KillaJ)
Absolutely.  I have been eagerly awaiting this one for awhile.  Any word on when it will be released?

at the end of this month is it's release date. Now if you woulda reserved a copy a few weeks back (like I wanted to) ya coulda been a beta tester, as it's stands I think if you order it now you'll get a coupla days jump start before it's released to the masses. I'm gonna try to get it this weekend.

we should form our own shadowrun team *lol*
KillaJ
we should form our own shadowrun team *lol*

Count me in. However I'm currently transitioning back to civilian life *hooray* so i might be late to the party.
Hocus Pocus
well I'm in. I'm on the prime server

look for

Miser
Sile
Mecha Man

I'm mostly Miser and am on mostly at night after the prime hours and everyone is asleep. Stayed up playing till 5am lastnight/morning *lol*
Hocus Pocus
I have since expanded my heroes significantly testing out the different combos on could have....anybody else playing this game yet?
Sunday_Gamer
The important question of which I saw much footage when this game first started being talked about is: Can I fly?

If I can't fly around the city, I'm just not there.

Sunday
KillaJ
Yes, I believe that you can fly, but I think that you have to earn the ability somehow. Not too clear on the specifics however.
Hocus Pocus
indeed you can fly, was one of the things the dev made it a point to have. Yes KillJ is correct in that you have gain levels to get it. Level 6 is where you earn Hover, this ability is slow by you can basically fly, you won't get around all to fast unless you attatch some enhancements, but once you do that you get along decently. Upon 14 level you get the real power of flight in which is much faster and geared toward traveling, not combat like hover.

Gaining these levels is relatively easy. I've created characters and in one night of gameplay (around 4 to 5 hours) I've gone from the first level to level 8, as long as you get a decent group you'll get there in no time.

Me, I just enjoy the game, I haven't got past level 8 right now, I've been creating characters from scratch and seeing how they do to get a better feel of what kinda character I'd like.

beta phase is almost over, about a week left, then it goes live and everybody goes back to level 1 in the beta wipe, those first few days are gonna be clogged with people!
Erebus
I personally, am not a big super-hero/comic book fan, but I love this game for one simple reason... it got my wife into computer games, and we've been playing it together since we both got into beta.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012