Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blood Bowl - on steam for 8 bucks
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Bigity
Blood Bowl Legendary Edition is on sale this weekend on Steam for 80 percent off, so 8 bucks.

I don't know anything about the game really other than supposedly it recreates the old tabletop version of the game, which is all I want anyway biggrin.gif
Tanegar
I've had it for a while. I cannot get a starting team to not look like a bunch of chumps. Someone more familiar with the rules may have better luck.
Bigity
From what I've found on the developer website forums, starting teams just flat out suck. Big time. Alot of people say its a bug, but alot say you just have to stick it out for awhile.

Not sure what happens in multiplayer with that.
Critias
I've got the Dark Elf edition, and it's fun (once you get the hang of it). It's not what I'd consider a must-buy game or anything, but for $8 I imagine the Legendary Edition (with a hojillion teams) is pretty worth it.
Bigity
Just got it installed but haven't played yet. I will some tonight, it's my turn to get up every 4 hour or so and feed the two week old smile.gif
Fabe
Tip for new players; if you've never played the board game forget about the video games tutorial; other have said its not very useful. Instead just read the current rule book for the board game. http://www.bloodbowlonline.com/LivingRulebook5.pdf
CanRay
All these shiny deals after I'm broke. frown.gif
Thanee
There are always more shiny deals on Steam coming up... wink.gif

Blood Bowl is nice, but the AI is soooo crappy. It's really no challenge at all against the computer teams.

They can only really win against beginner teams and with obscene luck.

Bye
Thanee
Critias
Yeah, but it's still fun. And for $8 it was hard to go wrong. smile.gif
Bigity
My rat ogre rocks, and I have a gutter runner really coming along.
Critias
Playing Elves, got a Catcher with a Sidestep, Dodge, and +1 MA. He's pretty sick.
Bigity
Gonna try dwarves next I think, just run everything over. Slowly.
Fabe
QUOTE (Bigity @ Oct 6 2011, 10:04 PM) *
Gonna try dwarves next I think, just run everything over. Slowly.

Ah going go with the good old Dwarven Cage, surround the ball carrier on all side and slowly march down the field.
Tiralee
Oh, do they do Hobbits and Lizardmen? Those halflings could be absolute murder is someone massaged the team the right way.

-Tir
Shortstraw
they do indeed
Thanee
I think they have all the LR5 teams except Chaos Dwarfs. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012