Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throwing Good Money After Bad...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
CanRay
Honestly, do I even need to say more?
Stahlseele
QUOTE (CanRay @ Oct 11 2011, 06:10 PM) *
Honestly, do I even need to say more?

seeing how i don't know what you are talking about, yes, please, do elaborate mah boi!
JonathanC
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Oct 11 2011, 09:15 AM) *
seeing how i don't know what you are talking about, yes, please, do elaborate mah boi!

Duke Nukem Forever is a first-person shooter that was in "development" (and I use the term lightly) for 12 years. The original developers (3d Realms) were so bad at finishing this game that the company shut down and they are being sued by the publisher for failure to produce. The project was then purchased by Gearbox, who finished the game based upon the work that had already been done by 3D Realms.

The game has been a running gag in gamer circles for over a decade as the ultimate in Vaporware. When it was released, it was received poorly despite the generally positive reputation of Gearbox. Depending on who you ask, the game's problems range from poor level design to lack of creativity, to excessive misogyny and/or crudeness (the demo allows you to pick up feces from a toilet and throw it around, with semi-realistic fecal smearing on all surfaces).

In short, it is not considered to be a good game. Many people who spent money on it now regret that decision. And now there is DLC for them to buy.
Stahlseele
I know the Game.
I did not know that there is DLC for it . .
KarmaInferno
The Obligatory Duke Nukem Forever List link:

http://duke.a-13.net/

-k
Bigity
Duke Nukem 3D was a good game first, then cheesy second. This game seemed to want to skip the good game part and go for crudeness factor. I guess they were after the Xbox market then? wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012