Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Infection
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
TinkerGnome
Just commenting on the complete lack of fire exits wink.gif

From the map, the place is one story? No indications of a basement?
Grey
Ahh.. yep and nope.
Shadow
I actuley meant once we were outside he would tell you where it was. Not, follow him to it.
A Clockwork Lime
I hate it when I botch an English Test.

Edit: Actually, I just read over it twice more (dyslexia, gotta love it) and it still sounded like you wanted us to follow you on your bike, so I think I'll leave it. Feel free to correct him though. smile.gif
Shadow
Hey Clock, DOH! I went back and edited my post to better reflect what I intended.

If anyone comes out Shadow just slips them a card with an address in Tacoma on it.
A Clockwork Lime
<insert the image of a guy dressed as a satyr smacking himself on the forehead> It's cool. I don't mind if Scratch looks like an idiot every now and again. smile.gif

EDIT: Street Magic Test for the palming of the cards: 4 1 4 7 2 5 (3 3 5 4)
Ecclesiastes
"Your job will be to check out a research facility that, if you follow the food chain, is owned by Ares. The Elves out in Tarislar have been hiring KE for several years to give them extra security out in an area where the Star tries to stay out of. About a year ago, Ares made a deal with the governor and purchased an old building in an 'out of the way' location to do some research on cybernetics and magic. Security is in house. Thats right, in house... not Knight Errant. Although, they do have a contract with KE for HTR. What they DO have are Bugs. Granted, none of this is confirmed yet. Thats where you come in... I want you to break into the facility, get whatever intel you can, and bring it home."

There seems to be some confusion as to where the site is. It is located in Tarislar, within Puyallup.
Fenris
QUOTE (A Clockwork Lime)
Uhm, no. They'd have 6 points of armor and a bunch of powers and other perks.

Where do the 6 points of armor come from? Flesh forms can't materialize, and bug spirits don't get the immunity to natural weapons unless they're materializing, and the bug spirit entry states flesh forms have no armor unless they're wearing something. It also states that they don't have any more powers except the skill power. What are the other perks from merging with humans?
grendel
Roger. I will edit accordingly.
A Clockwork Lime
Check their stats. Under Body, any number after a slash counts as armor. And the perks for merging with a human are minimal; the "human" is getting the perks from the flesh-form.
Fenris
If you're referring to the chart on page 136 and 137 of MiTS, that's for spirits, not flesh forms.

QUOTE (MiTS @ p. 129)
"They have no natural armor, though they may wear manufactured armor."
Digital Heroin
Ok, IC-wise, is there a meet set up, and where... honestly, about 20 posts in one day has me lost... spent most of the day on ship, will be doing the same tommorrow...
A Clockwork Lime
My mistake, then.

A Force 6 Flesh-Form is still pretty nasty. Their mental stats jump to 6 and their physical stats jump up by 6. So not only do they make a troll look like a wimp, they're significantly more intelligent and cunning. Create one out of a paranormal critter (which is what we're going to most likely be dealing with, no clue why you keep talking about infested metahumans), and they get all of that plus some to all of their supernatural powers plus any cyberware Ares installed in them as part of the experimentation (and since they're human intelligence, the insanity bit is a moot point -- they can be crammed to 0.01 Essence, just like anyone else). Now multiply each of those several times.

If you wanna just dismiss all of that, especially the intelligence part, you're a braver soul than I am. smile.gif

And Digital: Yes, we've decided to rendevouz at Shadow's safehouse to discuss a strategy for how we're going to go about this. That's where we're all headed.
Shadow
QUOTE (Digital Heroin)
Ok, IC-wise, is there a meet set up...

The meet is at Shadow's place in Tacoma. Show up when you like.
TinkerGnome
Flesh forms aren't as scary as true forms (to us non-magical types, anyway). I think that's all anyone has said about it wink.gif

They are still scary, as only a eight foot troll with .01 essence and hardened military armor can be... This is Ares, and they're making bug weapons. I'd expect something that insane. In triplicate.
Shadow
@ Dash,

Hey, I will edit my post so that it reflects Father coming with him. I hope he doesn't mind riding on a bike. Oh and (once wink.gif again) it was the Satyr who made the offer of a ride, not the Night One. But Shadow is more than happy to give you a lift.
Shadow
Allrighty,

@ Dash,

I edited the post to reflect Father coming with Shadow, so you are now in his Tacoma Safe house and he does have a 'trix conection.
Dashifen
Damnit -- I can't keep Scratch and Shadow from looking the same to me.
A Clockwork Lime
It's all part of our master plan.
TinkerGnome
Is garage/apartment building private or are there other tenants about?
Shadow
There are other tenets who have access to the garage and the floor, but the apartment is secure.
TinkerGnome
That'd be what I was going after wink.gif
grendel
Although Grendel intended to disseminate the comm plan at Shadow's safe house, it seems to have been taken care of before hand. To avoid confusion, though, here is what he would have promulgated:

Primary Tac Freq: 303.0 MHz codename "Winchester"
Backup Tac Freq: 466.3 MHz codename "Home"

Grendel: Base
Shadow: One
Warpath: Two
Ayohuhisdi: Three
Silk: Four
Father: Five
Immortal: Six
Onna: Seven
Scratch: Eight

A Clockwork Lime
Grey: Rolls in PMs.
Ecclesiastes
check
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (grendel)
Warpath: Two

Heh. Promotion. I think I was four last time wink.gif
grendel
There isn't a set pattern to the way Grendel assigns tactical call signs. Usually it just goes in the order that he was introduced to people or, as in this case, the order that people showed up to the safehouse. But if you want to think of it as a promotion, that's fine too. smile.gif
Shadow
I am pretty sure everyone posted showing up but if I left someone out just assume Shadow doesn't say anything till after they arrive.
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (grendel)
But if you want to think of it as a promotion, that's fine too. smile.gif

Please, just let me have my moment wink.gif
Blitz
ADL...dude...unfair. You didn't even give anyone the chance to catch you. With Grendel watching the place, Im sure he would have at least had the opportunity to see ya...
grendel
I had the opportunity but my perception check was dismal. Also, Silk is Four, not Seven. smile.gif
A Clockwork Lime
I was just going with what Gr... Eccy said in PMs, Blitz.
Blitz
Ah....my bad...shutting up now...tries to hide...
Ecclesiastes
Things have been a little quiet. Are you guys waiting on something from me? I thought it was fairly player driven right now, you guys are just going to be planning and whatnot.
TinkerGnome
Heh, I meant to say "magic, drones, or the Matrix" not "magic, magic, or the Matrix".
Ecclesiastes
Anyone who has knowledge skills that are applicable to Insect Spirits, go ahead and post a roll for them.
A Clockwork Lime
Parazoology (Habits): 10 1 2 4 5 3
Patterson's Guide to the Paranormal: 1 1 4 2 10 11 2 4 1 10
UCAS Today Archive: 4 4 3
Buddha72
Roll for warding, shooting for Force 8 Masking ward on the place. Magic Attritbute is 10.

14 11 11 04 02 02 02 02 01 01 (3 successes so 3 weeks from me)

Magic Background is all I have to try to figure out about bugs
16 08 05 03 03 02
Shadow
Damn that was a lot of posting! Good read though. I am not sure if I am being sarcastic IC or anything and I just wanted you to know Shadow isn't. He didn't really know what that was and could honestly care less. Believe it or not one of his best friends is a Tiger Shifter named Red.
Blitz
Im at work...could someone throw 10 dice for me and post the results for my half of the warding? Lov ya much!
A Clockwork Lime
Silk's Warding Ritual: 8 7 4 1 9 7 5 3 3 3
Blitz
QUOTE (A Clockwork Lime)
Silk's Warding Ritual: 8 7 4 1 9 7 5 3 3 3

Danke! Looks like I can add 2 more weeks to the protection time on the ward.
Fenris
Paranormal Animals: 10,9,4,1
TinkerGnome
Oh, actually Warpath has a knowsoft for Parazoology.

03 02 02 02 02 02 01

Apparently someone left the bugs out of that version.
A Clockwork Lime
QUOTE (Blitz)
Danke! Looks like I can add 2 more weeks to the protection time on the ward.

Not a problem. When unable to roll dice yourself, Irony Games is a nice link to have. smile.gif (Tends to roll rather nicely, too.)
TinkerGnome
For the sake of efficiency, I think we're about to the point where those doing recon need to go on and do it while we start working on the gear angle. We'll probably need more stuff when we come up with a final plan, but some of that stuff (the laser designator, for instance) has a long lead time.
Ecclesiastes
Miss Young did say she'd be willing to help you guys out with equipment.
Blitz
Thanks CLock, but at work, I have to be super stealthy to even post...rolling dice, real or virtual would be pushing it.
Shadow
I do not mean to be presumptuous, I just want to get the ball rolling. I hope no one minds. I also tried to include everyone and I apologize if I left anyone out.
A Clockwork Lime
Quit being a wuss. <jabs Shadow with a cattleprod>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012