Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Infection
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Fenris
I've said it before and I'll say it again, not going anywhere with anyone that cackles.

That said, I'm heading off to SoCal myself, so I'll be out till Sunday.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Ecclesiastes)
Yeah, I'll make a point of it. I should be on until around 5 or 6.

XP SP2 Sucks. I'm back again after a day's loss. Sorry, Eccy, if you were waiting for me. No AIM time tonight (real gaming taking place) but I can send you an email with a detailed plan and rolls if your prefer? Or just post them here.
Ecclesiastes
I'll PM you some stuff.
Ecclesiastes
Ok, I'll get things rolling again soon, but it ain't gunna happen today. I'm running on E and can barely think to make my normal posts, let alone figure out the setup for the next scene. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Ecclesiastes
Sorry for my lag in posting, my mom just had surgery and I had to take care of her while my dad is out of town.
Ecclesiastes
And then I got the flu... bleh
Ecclesiastes
Sorry it took so long, but I'm ready when you guys are. I understand it is the holidays, so I'm not expecting things to jump foward, but I figure I can start the ball rolling again.
Fenris
No sweat. Just so everybody know's, I'm out for the holidays as well. I'll be back on the 2nd.

In the meantime, I'll swap out clips and put two shots with XX into the door. If the barrier rating is less then 20 and is made of not hardened, military grade armor, it should be reduced by one point for each shot. When the barrier rating drops below 10, the bullets will start making .5 meter holes wink.gif I'll fire until there's enough of the door gone to push through, maybe taking out around locks and hinges?
Fenris
No sweat. Just so everybody know's, I'm out for the holidays as well. I'll be back on the 2nd.

In the meantime, I'll swap out clips and put two shots with XX into the door. If the barrier rating is less then 20 and is made of not hardened, military grade armor, it should be reduced by one point for each shot. When the barrier rating drops below 10, the bullets will start making .5 meter holes wink.gif I'll fire until there's enough of the door gone to push through, maybe taking out around locks and hinges?
Buddha72
This game still kicking? Fenris is back now if we were waitng on him.
Ecclesiastes
I'm back now too, so yeah, I'll try to kick things along again soon. I'm fighting a flu (again), but I'll try not to let it slow me down.
grendel
Actually, I haven't seen Shadow around in a while, either. You know I'm still here.
Dashifen
I'm here. I haven't seen Shadow in my game for like a month either.
Ecclesiastes
I talked to him yesterday. He is going through some hard times right now, but expects to return within the next week or so.
Fenris
Well, since you're obviously back and posting, is there anything stopping us from moving on without Shadow? He's upstairs with Father anyway.
Buddha72
(looks around)

Anyone still out there?

(listens carefully)
Ecclesiastes
Wow, I totally missed Fenris' post. Ummm... yeah, we can move on. I'll re-read the last few posts and catch up today and get things moving foward.
Ecclesiastes
Background count has increased to 4 as you move into the basement.
grendel
Active sensors: 10, 8, 4, 3, 1, 1

Perception: 8, 5, 4, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1
Fenris
Any chance we could find out what we're looking at now that we're through the door? biggrin.gif
Ecclesiastes
You didn't open it yet. It just cracked open a bit. I wasn't sure if you wanted to just throw the door open or do something before going in.

grendel: Give me 10 Gunnery tests. What is the base damage and what kind of Ammo are you using?
grendel
Base Damage of the weapon is 14S. Loading hollowpoint rounds which give +1 power. I'll wait after every three shots for pools to refresh.

First shot: 6 skill + 3 combat pool

14, 10, 9, 8, 5, 3, 3, 2, 1

Second shot: 6 skill + 3 combat pool

7, 7, 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Third shot: 6 skill + 3 combat pool

11, 5, 5, 5, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1

Fourth shot (after pools refresh): 6 skill + 3 combat pool

17, 10, 9, 7, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2

Fifth shot: 6 skill + 3 combat pool

7, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1

Sixth shot: 6 skill + 3 combat pool

7, 7, 5, 4, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1

Seventh shot (after pools refresh): 6 skill + 3 combat pool

10, 5, 5, 5, 5, 3, 1, 1, 1

Eighth shot: 6 skill + 3 combat pool

5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 1, 1

Ninth shot: 6 skill + 3 combat pool

5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1

Tenth shot (after pools refresh): 6 skill + 3 combat pool

8, 8, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1

Perception to see if any of the cameras need a second shot:

11, 8, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 1
Ecclesiastes
I need a reaction check from everyone in the basement.
Buddha72
EWWW! I suck at reaction.

05 04 04 03 02 01
Ecclesiastes
Does anyone know how to get ahold of Blitz and let her know we're back in bussiness?
Dashifen
I was under the impression that Shadow and Father were on their way to re-group. Since Shadow isn't around, can he just follow me down when I try to catch up?
Fenris
You'd be better off PM'ing her through the forums. Trust me wink.gif

Reaction: 05 04 03 03 01 01 01 01 01

Karma, cause that sucked: 11 05 05 05 05
grendel
Active Sensors: 7, 4, 2, 2, 1, 1

With a flux of 10, I've got a range of 30 km. I want to see if these are drones in-bound, or manned aircraft. I'm going to try to infiltrate any network channels. Target number is six plus the difference between the target's RC deck rating and mine (10). I'm looking to get the system channel, then the simsense channel. Any other successes will be used to divide the base time.

9, 7, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1

Base time is 10 combat turns. I'll expend one karma pool pt to reroll failures
Ecclesiastes
Looks to be three Strato-9 Drones. Reroll 6 dice for the karma.
grendel
11, 7, 5, 5, 4, 2 on the re-roll. I'll allocate two successes for increasing my detection factor while on the network. While I'm not wild about stealing drones from Lone Star, I doubt their rigger would be fooled by any false simsense feed I put into his network. We'll go for decryption. Target number is encryption plus 4. Dice are rigger decryption module plus electronic warfare as complimentary.

21, 9, 4, 4, 4, 2, 2, 2 + 8, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1

That's at least one success. I'll go right for the intrusion attack. MIJI roll is electronics warfare plus flux as complimentary against a target number equal to his deck rating.

8, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 2, 1 + 11, 9, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 1, 1

I'll spend a karma pool point to reroll all failures.

15, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 2 + 11, 8, 7, 5, 3, 1, 1, 1

Four successes overall.

His target is my protocol emulation module rating (8) with his electronics warfare plus flux as complimentary. Net successes on the MIJI test will degrade his or my system channel.
Buddha72
Just a reminder you have a Force 8 City spirit tasked to help you if you need it. Though you seem to be doing fine on your own. wink.gif
Ecclesiastes
Grendel: Any chance you can hop on AIM? This stuff isn't my stong point. Screw it, I trust ya, he has a rating 8 deck, with rating 8 encryption.

His roll at TN 8: 05 04 03 03 03 01 + 04 04 04 04 03 02 01 01

Ok, that was pathetic.
grendel
Sorry, no AIM at work. I have written out a bit of the rules on this before if you want to flip back to the Exile's Hope thread.

Four net successes means his system channel is suffering four boxes of damage, the equivalent of a moderate plus one. Want to roll initiative?
Ecclesiastes
Sure. Toss yours out.

edit: I got the worst one... 20.
grendel
No, I'm worse at 15. When rigging in captain's chair mode, you don't get the reaction bonus from the VCR.
Ecclesiastes
Seriously? Shows you how much I know about Rigging.

Make his 11 then.

Your turn.
grendel
Same deal as before.

10, 8, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1 + 13, 5, 5, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1

Only one success. His targets are now 10s as well (8 for the protocol emulation module rating +2 for system channel degradation).
Ecclesiastes
07 05 05 04 02 01 + 09 05 05 04 04 04 03 02

0 Successes

Can he make the test again to try and restore his channel?

Oh and you said in your IC post about how so much time has passed. Since you guys went Loud, only about a minute or two has gone by IC.
grendel
If he kicks me off his network he can make an electronics warfare test to restore the channel, but right now he and I are vying for control of his entire network.

The targeted rigger has a number of options open to him, although each MIJI action/attack is a complex action. He can counterattack in the same manner, rolling his EW skill plus flux against my protocol emulation module rating (8).  He can disengage from the attack, which gives me control over all the drones currently associated to his network. His last, and probably best option, is to switch over all of his control codes. This takes a number of combat turns equal to deck rating x 2. He can reduce this time by making an electronics (control systems) test against a target number equal to the deck's rating. Each success divides the base time as usual. Once the switch-over is initiated, the rigger is immediately placed in captain's chair mode and his remote control network goes to stand-by. He cannot issue commands to his drones, and all sensor and perception tests are made at a +2 modifier. I, the intruding rigger, am immediately kicked out of the system and must begin the MIJI process again.
Ecclesiastes
Thanks.

He is going to switch then.

Electronics: 10 10 04 04 03 02 (2 successes)

Base time of 16 reduced to 8.

Do the drones halt in place or continue their last command?
grendel
It's your call, it pretty much depends on what he's got them set for.
Ecclesiastes
Ok, they'll continue on course, but take no actions once they get on location.

Does his channel heal once the change is finished, or does that require another test?
grendel
Everything will be healed once the switchover is complete.
Ecclesiastes
Can someone tap Fenris and Blitz and let them know I'm waiting on a reaction check from them?

Dashifen: I need one from you too if you are there.

Grendel: You have 4 more turns until the changeover is complete, with three drones parked above you doing nothing. What do you want to do with your 4 turns?
Buddha72
Fenris did post his reaction, 2nd post down from the top. I'll try to get Blitz to post but at this point you might be better off just NPCing her.
grendel
I'll wait three turns and then vacate the area, looking to keep the Bison under cover.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Buddha72)
Fenris did post his reaction, 2nd post down from the top. I'll try to get Blitz to post but at this point you might be better off just NPCing her.

I hate being dyslexic. Ok, I'll push the game by Monday morning if he hasn't posted by then. My weekend is gunna be full, just checking in right now.
Ecclesiastes
*rolls dice for Dash and Blitz*
Ecclesiastes
The Toxic Wave is cast at force 9 with a base damage code of M. The caster scored 11 successes on the casting for anyone resisting.
Buddha72
Reminder #1
Ok summoning a City Spirit

Conjuring 6 /Force 6 (TN 8 from background count)
11 11 09 04 02 01 (3 successes, woot!!)

Drain is 7M Stun (using 3 from ally)
14 13 09 07 05 04 04 02 01 01 (drained away)

3 services are use concealment and guard power on Silk & Father. The last will be to use confusion on anyone or thing that attacks them.

Reminder #2
Ok time for some magic mojo!!

Improved Invisibility 6 TN 4(6 sorcery/7 spell pool/3 ally)
11 11 10 10 09 05 05 05 05 04 02 01 01 01 01 01 (10 successes)

Drain 4M
09 04 04 04 04 02 01 (5 successes/no drain)

Will dump everything back to spell defense when finished.

Ok so Onna knows shielding and she currently has 8 dice worth covering the group so the baddie's TNs increase by 8 to affect the group so I assuming there are less successes floating around but going to roll them now so we can keep moving.

Shielding TN 9
11 09 05 04 04 03 02 01 (2 successes)

Will karma failures if needed, feel free to roll them Ecclesiastes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012