Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: King of Dragon Pass: reborn !
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
silva
The PC game "King of Dragon pass" was released for the Iphone, and a Ipad version is in the works.

For those who dont know it, the game is like a mix of "Write Your Own Adventure and Civilization" with elements of roleplaying, simulation, resource management, and interactive storytelling. Its one of the most immersive, deep, original and "anthropologically rich" games I ever played. Its re-lunching is bringing a (deservedly so) hype around the net, something it sadly didnt have in the time of its original realease on the PC.

Im taking the liberty to quote some reviews below, to illustrate the point. I suggest everybody interested in a deep game with a rich (interactive) storytelling aspect, to give King of Dragon Pass a try. wink.gif

"To make a musical analogy, your run of the mill shooter game is like a stupid radio pop song, and King of Dragon Pass is Miles Davis playing live jazz in some hole in the wall Paris club."
Gamezebo review.

"I have always believed that games are more than mere frivolous wastes of time. Games are like journeys for the mind. We learn best while at play and games can teach us a great deal in an environment where wrong decisions don't equal real disaster. Considering this game's fantasy setting, mythology, gods, creatures and people, King of Dragon Pass can teach us an awful lot of deep truth. At its core, King of Dragon Pass lets us play with leadership and power. It does so while showing us the consequences of our decisions in a very engaging way. If ever there was a game which defied its critics to call it devoid of any meaning and value, King of Dragon Pass is such a one".
Michael Feir´s Blog review.

"Incredibly deep game; no "right" way to play it; hundreds of ways to play, dozens of paths to take; lovely illustrations. If you want a deep, ponderous, text-heavy world-building game for your iPhone, this is the one."
Slide to Play review.

"The great thing is there’s no right or wrong answer, only the consequences of your actions. So you might show the traveller hospitality, only to find out a few days later he’s a spy from a rival clan, who sets about pillaging your town and beating everyone over the head with rubber ducks. As a result, not only do people from your clan die, but the general mood is affected, you’ve lost goods and crops and there’s a madman running round the mountains with a bag of bath toys. All because you wanted to play goody-two-shoes".
Touchgen review.

"I've had an absolutely fantastic time playing King of Dragon Pass. Its slow pace makes it a perfect mobile game. Nothing in it is real time, making it totally conducive to just open the game up, send a trade caravan off, then come back to it later without any negative consequences."
TouchArcade review.

"This is easily one of the best and most unique games on the platform, so if you’re interested in something a little more literary and in-depth than a single button platformer, it’s an essential purchase."
DIY Gamer review.
Adarael
What's more, it's also Runequest, one of the great old-school RPGs of yesteryear!

I hope they launch a version for Android.
silva
Cant believe this topic is empty like this. Its one of the better and most creative games Ive ever played! 0_0

P.S: Ive just finished it for the 3th or 4th time. And Ive finally learned how to manage your agriculture to not let the people starving. ;D
primetide
great game on the PC, great way to work with the license and setting...brings me back to the old days...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012