Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Board Outages
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Dumpshock News, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion
Paul
Not sure if this is public knowledge, so if it is a known issue sorry, but over the last week I've attempted to log onto the site only get a screen that says IPS error.
Stahlseele
over the last week i had no such problems, but just now for about an hour.
Paul
It's been intermittent outages for me over the last week. Mostly just brief outages. And it could even be at my end.
CanRay
It's the Internet. Intermittent outages are SOP.

Just imagine trying to do it with line noise from POTS!
Redjack
I have gotten several, intermittent error reports from the server about I/O usage, but was unaware that there was an IPS driver error possibly attributed to this. In the future, please note and post the time. I can then check the logs and monitoring and identify if one of the scheduled jobs is the root cause.

Thanks!
-RJ
Paul
Copy that.
Stahlseele
full ack.
Stahlseele
just had another problem accessing dumpshock.
not a DNS problem, probably a routing problem.
trying to access the boards via the IP directly did not help either.
and ping found neither IP nor DNS-Adress, even though a ping on www.dumpshock.com yielded the desired IP-Adress resolution . .
Redjack
In the future, post up the source public address you are coming from. I have several networks blocked due to massive spamming/hacking attempts.

-RJ

EDIT: Or send it to me in a PM.
Stahlseele
i get a new IP every day.
But i could access the board with that IP just fine, aside from 2 or 3 hours in between . .
Redjack
Understood. Just trying to track and see if a subnet in question is one you might come in from. I've been tracking my dynamic IP addresses for the last few years and am amazed at the variation. I also have done quite a bit of analysis on a number of source IP addresses of legitimate users. All that said, the pool size is so huge that any amount of research is going to contain significant margins of error.
Stahlseele
OK, this time it was IPS Driver Error again.
Redjack
There was a traffic spike from a robot trolling the site. You may remember these used to happen infrequently a few months back. When I started blocking a few subnets where both spam accounts and robots that drilled the site (possibly mining for email accounts...?) came from, that pretty much stopped. I got an email alert while it was underway, but it subsided before I got to the site.
Stahlseele
Ah, cool, good to know, thank you for sharing that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012