Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumpshock Datahaven Issue #3
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Redjack
Ok, Issue #2 is out so now everyone can see the direction I'm taking the e-zine.

For the next issue, the Scan will be a focus on Tacoma District, Seattle.
I will include the Hacker's Node and add a column called the Rigger's Shop. The Hacker's Node will feature another hacking example and the Rigger's Shop will feature an article on drone upgrades and making sense of the fragmented rules, including sensors.

So what do we need?
- Fiction
- Articles
- Graphic
- Locations some linked to contacts
- Tacoma gangs
- Tacoma organized crime
- Black Market items
- A Scream Sheet
- Perhaps a review of a recent Shadowrun release.. or an objective editorial discussing the overall themes of the last few releases.
Prime Mover
Sounds like you have alot of what you've listed in mind already. What do you have locked down as personal projects and what are you seeking submissions for? Be willing to submit for any of the above. (Except for art, unless you really had your heart set on a stick figure issue.)
Paul
Instead of the Rigger's Shop can I suggest that it is either shortening to it "The Shop"; or perhaps something like "The Chop Shop". what sort of deadline are you looking at for submissions? I would like to submit but want to make sure I can realistically meet any deadline.
Redjack
The Hacker's Node and the Chop Shop are two I am already working on; the latter is completed in draft and the former draft is progress. I have a volume of locations already in progress from a number of folks that I think will generate locations and perhaps contacts. So, gangs, syndicates, fiction, graphics and misc articles are still wide open.

-RJ
Redjack
The more complete a submission is, the better. Don't worry about formatting, but spelling/grammar would be nice. Submissions fitting in the above are most likely to get included; for example several previous submissions including possession stuff and south America. Neither really fit with the issue; I abhor possession traditions and with the focus on Puyallups, South America didn't really fit.

If I were to target May for the next publishing, then I would need final drafts by April to allow for proofing and formatting.
ggodo
I would love to help proof, my life may be consumed by the FE exam depending on when this thing comes out, but I'd like to help if possible.
Belvidere
I'd love to help out and with that deadline, it looks like I have plenty of time. I'll see what I cna come up with on the side of Hacker's Node as you said you only have a rough draft. And I have a few articles I've had in mind since I read the first issue.
Mister Shed
I can help with proofreading, layout, and incidental graphics (borders, backgrounds, headers, that sort of thing).
Warlordtheft
I'd be interested in doing a couple of Tacoma locations. Was there anything you had in mind? And who you might want them linked to.
Redjack
QUOTE (Mister Shed @ Dec 21 2011, 06:44 PM) *
I can help with proofreading, layout, and incidental graphics (borders, backgrounds, headers, that sort of thing).
Definitely interested in borders/headers/etc. Can you send me some examples? If the current proofers stay on, I'm good, if not I'll need a replacement.

QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Dec 22 2011, 03:54 PM) *
I'd be interested in doing a couple of Tacoma locations. Was there anything you had in mind? And who you might want them linked to.
The following locations are already in progress by others:
The Drunk Monk
Erik's Autowreckers
NorPoint Condominiums
The Riot
Sea-Tac Mall
Silcox Island Correctional Facility
Survival of the Fittest Gym
Tacoma Wastewater
Tacoma Regional Service Center
Tacoma Roller-Ball
Wall-E World

So... lots of other locations left. smile.gif
ravensmuse
Curious question - is the ezine entirely Seattle based?
Redjack
Issue #2 included a focus on the Puyallup Barrens. Issue #3 will include a focus on Tacoma. That does not mean that we are forced only into Seattle.
Sengir
Still need additional proofers?
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Redjack @ Dec 22 2011, 04:25 PM) *
The following locations are already in progress by others:
The Drunk Monk
Erik's Autowreckers
NorPoint Condominiums
The Riot
Sea-Tac Mall
Silcox Island Correctional Facility
Survival of the Fittest Gym
Tacoma Wastewater
Tacoma Regional Service Center
Tacoma Roller-Ball
Wall-E World

So... lots of other locations left. smile.gif

Sounds like quite a bit, the ones I have in mind are:
Tacoma Indepent Surgical Clinic
The Last Stitch Clothiers
Danny's Daggers and other Fine Weapons

Redjack
So... Mister Shed just sent me some sample layout for the next issue. Wow!
I also have several contacts in my inbox from ggodo and a stack of locations in the Dumpshocked DDH forum.

I am seriously motivated for the next issue right now! I'm going to get my butt in gear and get the cover and VPN interfaces done. Next week I'll start posting a status.

If you have art or fiction (remember, theme is Tacoma), let me know.

-RJ
Redjack
QUOTE (Sengir @ Dec 23 2011, 07:39 AM) *
Still need additional proofers?
I'll add you and Aku in. With my current two, that will give me plenty of proof readers.

-RJ
Redjack
* * Status Tracking Thread * *

Note: At this moment, the list of content is incomplete.
Doc Chase
So what exactly are you looking for in a Tacoma-based screamsheet?

Number of rumors, what you'd expect to see, things of that sort. I could probably come up with a dozen different things, but at the same time I'm not incredibly sure what Tacoma's 'feel' is. I would assume it's vastly different from Puyallup, but I don't think I'm pinning it down in my head, if that makes sense.
Redjack
After the pretty good pace for issue #2, it seems to have fallen off a bit for a third issue.

I'd like to propose a publish date of August 1 for Issue #3.
I'm still looking for some Tacoma based fiction... any takers?
Redjack
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Dec 27 2011, 02:25 PM) *
So what exactly are you looking for in a Tacoma-based screamsheet?

Number of rumors, what you'd expect to see, things of that sort. I could probably come up with a dozen different things, but at the same time I'm not incredibly sure what Tacoma's 'feel' is. I would assume it's vastly different from Puyallup, but I don't think I'm pinning it down in my head, if that makes sense.

I would say, let's start with the Puyallup's Scream Sheet as a starting point. The great thing about Tacoma is there is AAA-E security ratings (everything except Z). The feel is pretty much to both extremes. It has the sound to the west, Ft Lewis to the south, Puyallups to the southeast and Auburn to the East. Lots of docks. Plenty of Mafia & Yakuza battles going on here with the Vory vying for control of the docks...
Method
Hey RJ- did you get my email with test background?
Warlordtheft
Just checking in on the due date. I have the locations done, and decided I also want to do two contact writed ups related to the Tailor and weapons shop.
Redjack
Send them anytime, though given unexpected commitments over the last few months, a Gen Con Publication date may slip.
Warlordtheft
I sent in my two locations and contacts. Let me know if you didn't get it.
Redjack
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Jul 23 2012, 08:22 AM) *
I sent in my two locations and contacts. Let me know if you didn't get it.
Got 'em. Now to get my butt in gear...
Dark Talon
I really like the hacking examples. I had always kinda wanted to play around with making a flow chart of an actual Node-Network layout. Or all the connections you go through (like your municipal connection).

Can I request putting in a technomancer example? The books are all written from the hacker perspective, but there are some subtle differences to technomancers that seems glossed over (such as going VR/hotsim as a techno).

But these are great! Keep up the good work!
Warlordtheft
Hmm, is DH3 still in the works?
Emrak
QUOTE (Warlordtheft @ Mar 21 2013, 11:54 AM) *
Hmm, is DH3 still in the works?

Ironically, I just logged on after almost a year just to check this out as well. smile.gif
Redjack
Wow. Has it been that long? Change at work took all my free time for stuff like this. We need a new editor to carry the torch.
Bull
QUOTE (Redjack @ Mar 23 2013, 09:10 PM) *
Wow. Has it been that long? Change at work took all my free time for stuff like this. We need a new editor to carry the torch.

That'll be the new thing... Each issue consumes at least one year and an editor. smile.gif
Warlordtheft
Sounds like my play by post game (post or die)...after replacing the GM, something happens.( dead.gif ? )
Redjack
Ok, this project is moving forward again. No promises, except that we appear to have enough stuff for at least one issue and a dedicated soul or two (perhaps more).

*Fingers Crossed*
*Edge pool standing by to be tapped*
Troyminator
YAY! I just discovered and am reading the first two issues. Glad that there might/will be a 3rd issue on the way.
Deckbeard
So is this dead? Loved the first two, would hate to see it just stop. Is there any way I can help?
dresdenber
QUOTE (Deckbeard @ May 10 2015, 03:15 AM) *
So is this dead? Loved the first two, would hate to see it just stop. Is there any way I can help?

Agreed. Looks pretty dead.. Though I would love to help out with the art/graphic stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012