Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emerging: End Of Days RECRUITMENT PHASE 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Aria
Are you a military type with an urge to see strange places and battle impossible evils? If so this game may be for you! We have two long standing players but for various reasons the others haven’t been able to continue and we are looking for fresh players to take the battle forward in a UV combat simulator in a near future (to 2072) version of Seattle.

Character Gen Summary:
  • 400BP + 20 karma + an additional 30K nuyen & charisma x2 in contacts BP (contacts aren’t too significant in this game)
  • Resources availability capped at 20, or higher with a restricted gear quality
  • Mecha are available from converted vehicles – there are example builds in the OoC thread (Basically because I think mecha are fun and add to the ‘near future’ part of the game…)
  • Points spent in edge or leadership will give a group benefit from Events – get out of jail free cards that are explained at the beginning of the OoC thread (These are intended to give a milspec feel to the game without loading down the characters with gear/vehicles etc)

Currently we have a mecha pilot / hacker and a combat mage. There’s scope for more or less any character build from hardened merc to shadowrunner, corp black ops member… anyone the Stillwater group might hire to test their simulator.
Aria
Anyone?!?

This would be a good time to pick up the action as the team are just about to assault the complex having breached the matrix security...

OoC Thread <<here>>

IC thread <<here>>
Hudson
I'd be interested in joining with a mercenary grunt specializing in heavy weapons, but after looking at the corresponding threads I am wondering a bit if that would actually make sense since Mechas seem to be more efficient in doing the same work for less.
Aria
QUOTE (Hudson @ Jan 10 2012, 02:24 AM) *
I'd be interested in joining with a mercenary grunt specializing in heavy weapons, but after looking at the corresponding threads I am wondering a bit if that would actually make sense since Mechas seem to be more efficient in doing the same work for less.

That's true to a certain extent - mecha get a bit of extra protection and can probably carry a couple of heavy weapons but they also have a big fat target painted on their chests (metaphorically...). This is probably one game where being an assault cannon weilding troll will make you the smaller target!

With a ballista missile launcher on your back, a rail gun in hand and wearing milspec armour that will be cheaper than any of the mecha (I would think...), you'll be harder to hit and won't be the target of every light tank or other mecha out there.

And to the really nasty stuff, none of this will make a difference...they want to snack on your mind ork.gif
Mickle5125
I have a strange urge to see if I can't build my pixie scout... I'd have to trim her back, since she was built to be both the forward eyes and numbers-support for the merc company in an over-powered game. Amusingly, she ended up being more lethal in most ways than the rest of the party combined if given time to get her drone swarm into position.

A scout/sniper would be useful, right? Granted, I'd need to work out how to develop a mobile gun platform for a high power rifle or two... *shrugs*
JxJxA
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Jan 30 2012, 09:53 AM) *
I have a strange urge to see if I can't build my pixie scout... I'd have to trim her back, since she was built to be both the forward eyes and numbers-support for the merc company in an over-powered game. Amusingly, she ended up being more lethal in most ways than the rest of the party combined if given time to get her drone swarm into position.

A scout/sniper would be useful, right? Granted, I'd need to work out how to develop a mobile gun platform for a high power rifle or two... *shrugs*

Just having another warm body would be good at this point... nyahnyah.gif
Aria
Hi Mickle...if you want to post a build we can work you in no trouble!
AJCarrington
Just saw this post...are you still looking for players?

AJC
Aria
QUOTE (AJCarrington @ Jan 30 2012, 05:23 PM) *
Just saw this post...are you still looking for players?

AJC

Yes, recruitment is always open but this is a particularly good time as we've had people drop out and the action is really about to ramp up!
AJCarrington
Thanks for the quick response! I'll dig into the threads this evening and have a concept for you tomorrow - will likely be leaning towards an ex-military/black ops runner.

AJC
Mickle5125
QUOTE (Aria @ May 31 2011, 05:48 AM) *
Stage 3
  • Determine your fixed in node stats, which represent your core personality (up to 200 of your 400BPs – you can ask for more and I will consider it!). These must include all mental stats, edge and mental qualities (positive and negative) and they won’t change for the course of the game. A personal preference is for characters that don’t seem to have been made just for a rules benefit so I would prefer no Surged characters unless it is for character rather than game purposes. Otherwise all race types are allowed provided you can justify what you are doing in Seattle and why you might be hired by Stillwater to test their simulator.

by this, you mean we have 200 BP(or more) of mental attributes, edge, qualities, etc. that will be consistent across characters as we "die" in node?
AJCarrington
QUOTE (AJCarrington @ Jan 30 2012, 03:59 PM) *
Thanks for the quick response! I'll dig into the threads this evening and have a concept for you tomorrow - will likely be leaning towards an ex-military/black ops runner.

AJC

Still working on this...got set back today...apologies.

AJC
Aria
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Feb 1 2012, 01:31 AM) *
by this, you mean we have 200 BP(or more) of mental attributes, edge, qualities, etc. that will be consistent across characters as we "die" in node?

That was kind of what I was getting at. In practice nobody has wanted to change their character so it hasn't come up at all. You can either break it down like this or simply ignore it, create a 400BP character plus the various bonuses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012