Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worst. Powergaming. Ever.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
JongWK
Read it all, I know what I'm telling you.

eek.gif rotfl.gif notworthy.gif
nezumi
This is why I stopped playing DnD... At least in shadowrun you have to cheat to reach quite such obscene levels of munchiness.
Nath
I really liked the moment they reach 600 millions pounds doing 3 millions of D6 of damage, and start arguing over the issue of a one pound overload grinbig.gif But it's great too when they calculate the Earth number of hit points...
Austere Emancipator
What I find odd is that they're all going on about terminal velocities and how that sort of mass should kill anyone if the rules of the game followed rules of physics... But no one seems to mind that anything organic between those 9-figure pound iridium balls and earths core would immediately be squished to a smooth paste and pressed deep into the crust.

And those HP estimates are way off because of densities. Earths core has got to have way more HPs than normal iron per unit of volume! silly.gif
shadd4d
That's just mildly disturbing. At least Shadowrun has some claim to balance, but any game system can be munchnkined. GURPS just seems to be the worst in my experience (as I remember from my college roommate, lifetime GURPS player, who minmaxed a character using edges).

Don
Moonstone Spider
I couldn't bear to read anymore after the third page where they start claiming that if you interpret the rules properly a character could use the entire Universe as a thrown weapon.
TinkerGnome
rotfl.gif

I love gamers.
Sunday_Gamer
Why am I reminded of one of the joke characters from Hero System?

This guy is like Planet Man ( who throws planets at people )

Sunday
Scarab
Heh. I love stuff like that in D&D. I made a monk that could run at a speed of about 350 km/h once. smile.gif

Of course, I'd never do stuff like that in the game. My rule of thumb as a DM: anything and everything the players do, can and will be used against them sooner or later. biggrin.gif
Arethusa
I can't believe there was a time when I tried to make DnD more realistic with a set of gritty combat houserules. Good lord, the hell was I thinking...

Ah to be young again and new to RPGs. That was, what, two years ago?
Sammiel
its a great laugh for reading. the powergaminess brings shame to my sorcerer/contemplative.
mfb
haha, yeah, SR is the epitome of balanced gaming. woo, to be young again and new to RPGs!
Kakkaraun
SR might not be the most balanced thing ever, but I think it's fairly realistic. At least compared to the "table top video game" experience of DnD.
Arethusa
That isn't much of a comparison. I mean, apple juice is sweet in comparison to drinking your own piss, but it doesn't really help me clarify anything.
Kakkaraun
...that was actually a really great analogy comparing the gaming experience of SR and DnD...what you just said there...heh.
JongWK
Want to know something else? I posted that link on a d20 website, and the first answer I had was "I can easily double that".

Worst thing is, he did. Just add spikes and damage doubles. silly.gif

Scarab
When all else fails, add spikes and bigger shoulder pads.
Phaeton
...J*sus...No comment, fellow Dumpshockers. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif rotfl.gif *rendered speechless by the link*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012