Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Army Players?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Crazy Ivan
As it stands, I'm joining the Army come May, and this is just after I managed to get a solid gaming group going for Shadowrun that isn't sabotaged by impossible schedules. As gaming is one of my passions, I'd like to see what fellow Dumpshockers are in the armed services (not necessarily Army, but that would be nice) and stationed at one of the various Forts, such as Lewis, Drum, etc. etc. I have no idea where or when I'll be stationed exactly yet, and don't want to try to get a game going now, but just knowing that there would potentially be some players nearby would be a nice beacon of light at the end of the tunnel.
Bigity
QUOTE (Crazy Ivan @ Feb 13 2012, 05:04 PM) *
As it stands, I'm joining the Army come May, and this is just after I managed to get a solid gaming group going for Shadowrun that isn't sabotaged by impossible schedules. As gaming is one of my passions, I'd like to see what fellow Dumpshockers are in the armed services (not necessarily Army, but that would be nice) and stationed at one of the various Forts, such as Lewis, Drum, etc. etc. I have no idea where or when I'll be stationed exactly yet, and don't want to try to get a game going now, but just knowing that there would potentially be some players nearby would be a nice beacon of light at the end of the tunnel.

I can't help you much there, but I was Air Force. I had no problems finding players while I was in. Lots of servicemembers are into the RPGs and tabletop gaming/wargaming.
fistandantilus4.0
Navy, and same. Biggest problem I've had is training and missions in different cities screwing up game schedules. Stupid Real Life. Let me know if you make it to San Diego.

Good luck in Boot Camp.
AppliedCheese
Your best bet is to wait until assigned to a unit and posting, and then dive in from there. They'll have very similar schedules to you. The smaller the unit the more similar schedules will be, but prior to battalion size the sample population probably isn't large enough. After brigade your schedules will vary so wildly it won't matter if your on the same post.

Mr. Mage
Heading into the Navy myself. Good to know that I have some hope of finding some players in the armed forces.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012