Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: missions help
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
galvatron42
I'm about to start a Missions campaign here at home and possibly at a local game store. The first game here is scheduled for March 10th, so I do not have much time to get ready. Where can I find info on how to get started and what I need to do? I'm looking for info on where to find the paperwork for reporting events, who I report them to, and so on. I want to do a legitimate Missions campaign because we want to take our characters to Gen Con and a local con later in the year and be able to play our characters there. Can anyone help me out? I've tried emailing the coordinator like instructed to in one of the FAQs, but I have heard nothing back. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Bull
Heya!

There's not really a lot you need to do to be "Missions Legal". Only three things, really...

1) Be sure to follow the Missions FAQ for character generation and advancement. There's not a lot that's disallowed, but there are a few things.

2) Make sure the characters have copies of and keep the Debriefing Logs for each Mission, included with each Missions PDF, and each character should track their progress and advancement on the Missions Calendars.

3) Players can't play in any non-Missions games with those characters.

As a GM, you should look over the Missions section of the Shadowrun website. The Downloads link there has all the files you may need.

If you're going to be possibly running at a game store, and they're "open" games (i.e., anyone can sign up and play), look into the Catalyst Demo Team program. Members of the demo team can earn credit for CGL PDF products and can download the Missions adventures for free from the CDT site.

Good luck, and see you at Gen Con!

galvatron42
Thanks for the info! Looking forward to diving in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012