Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual missions campaigns
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Bearclaw
Hey, I'm taking over the GM job for my group. I was going to use the Missions campaign as it has gotten very favorable reviews. My question is:

It appears that after Back in Business, it splits into to seperate campaigns. Will I run into problems if I actually run all of them in order? Bouncing back and forth between the two seems like it could be fun, but I've only read the first one so far. Are there any conflicts I should worry about?
Bull
QUOTE (Bearclaw @ Feb 23 2012, 09:46 PM) *
Hey, I'm taking over the GM job for my group. I was going to use the Missions campaign as it has gotten very favorable reviews. My question is:

It appears that after Back in Business, it splits into to seperate campaigns. Will I run into problems if I actually run all of them in order? Bouncing back and forth between the two seems like it could be fun, but I've only read the first one so far. Are there any conflicts I should worry about?

They're actually part of a single overall campaign, just with two alternating plots. if you wanted to run them seperately (Running Buried Underground first, and then moving to the Artifact Rush), you can do that easy enough... Events are relatively self contained. But there is some crossover with NPCs between the two on occasion, and the idea is that you would play them at the same time.

Bull
Bearclaw
I guess I got the wrong impression. Thanks.
Bull
They're designed so that that they can be played seperatly in case players ended up deciding they liked one plotline and not another, and are labelled as such to make it easier to know which ones to play and in what order. This also helps for Missions players who can only play at gaming conventions, and lets them focus the events they play. 1 season, two plotlines smile.gif
Bearclaw
Right on. I'll be running at home. I'm turning over the idea of going fully with the missions plotline. There's few cons in this area, and it would be cool if we had some Missions ready characters to drag along.
Bearclaw
Hey there Bull. I was looking at using Copycat as the intro adventure for the campaign. Is there anything that will come up out of sequence if I start with that and then go into the Missions campaign?
Bull
Nope, should be fine. Copycat was written prior to Season 4 anyway (And has an awkward Scene 0 in it for runners who are based in New York for Season 3, to explain why they're in Seattle smile.gif), and the events in it take place prior to Season 4 starting, technically, so it works best as a prelude.
Bearclaw
Nice. That's the impression I got. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012