Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for tabletop/online SR4
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Aberrant
Curious if there are any groups in the greater Baltimore area. Currently living in Rosedale, but cannot host. Also have access to Sykpe, webcam, etc. Work 9-5 on weekdays.
SincereAgape
Hi Aberrant, I am in DC. But I would not mind meeting with a Maryland group once a month to play SR.

There is a nice store in Glen Burnie called Games and Stuff that we could set up shop.
Speed Wraith
It'd be a bit of a haul for me, out in No. VA, but I'm getting desperate to get just a little extra gaming in from time to time. Going to be posting my own thread shortly, but if you guys find more folks and a closer location shoot me a PM.
Silver12
I'm in the Rockville area, but would love to get to play...once a month works well for me, also??
Speed Wraith
Wow, almost got a shot, huh? If we can find maybe one more person, figure out who would want to GM the game (I'd be open to writing/GMing or rotating that duty among the group,) and a location that's not too much of a haul for me I'm in. I think wherever we'd play I'd need access to power for my laptop and potentially WiFi. Would you guys want to do one Saturday a month for a like 4-6 hour session?
Sandoval Smith
Are you still looking for one more player? I'm in White Marsh and work in Rosedale, but I've been longing to get back into the Shadows for a while. My weekend schedule is decently flexible, and just for the record, past evidence paints me as a godawful GM. My apartment is small, but not too bad for gathering people.
Speed Wraith
I personally only ever heard from one person in this thread. Not sure if folks found a group or just gave up the search and haven't re-checked this thread, but I'm still looking for a monthly or bi-monthly game myself. I'm a little further to the south than most of the folks in this thread, but if it wasn't every week I'm pretty sure I could make it.

That being said, I've had some family medical issues which have dominated my life/attention lately, so I can't promise I'd be available immediately...
Nikoli
I've got a recruitment thread in the PBP section if you're interested. Online game via OpenRPG.
Aberrant
Man, I feel like a tool. I had stopped checking in on the thread when it wasn't getting action, and then forgot about it as a lost cause, and I come back and there is actual potential. Well crap.

Anyone still interested, shoot me a PM.
Speed Wraith
Aberrant, I shot you a message and also recently received a message from someone in DE who, along with his wife, is looking for a game. User is Jeffwik. If Silver12 is still looking also and we can find a good location that's close to everyone we might be able to get something off the ground.
Jeffwik
Yeah, I'm that guy -- I probably should have posted here in the thread along with sending a bunch of PMs and emails. My wife and I are in Wilmington, we're able to host but also willing to drive, up for a monthly 6-hour session ish. I've run a lot of games but not Shadowrun; I could play or run.
Speed Wraith
Guess Aberrant went back to being less active, too bad. I'm still looking for folks near my though, as always.
Silver12
QUOTE (Speed Wraith @ Jul 21 2012, 04:01 PM) *
Guess Aberrant went back to being less active, too bad. I'm still looking for folks near my though, as always.

I'm still looking smile.gif Only issue is I'm on a lot of TDY from now until the end of September - not sure I could start playing until October....but if things don't happen til then....

Ukkic
I just moved into Rockville, MD. I would love to fine a SR game if people are still trying to put one together. I could host potentially as well, my apartment is right next to Twinbrook Metro. My girlfriend is a very inexperienced gamer, but might be interested in playing as well.
Jeffwik
QUOTE (Ukkic @ Jul 29 2012, 01:33 PM) *
I just moved into Rockville, MD. I would love to fine a SR game if people are still trying to put one together. I could host potentially as well, my apartment is right next to Twinbrook Metro. My girlfriend is a very inexperienced gamer, but might be interested in playing as well.

My wife and I, up in Wilmington, would probably be willing to drive down to Rockville once a month for a 4-6 hour session. So, heck, that's a potential group of 4 right there!
Ukkic
QUOTE (Jeffwik @ Aug 1 2012, 12:21 PM) *
My wife and I, up in Wilmington, would probably be willing to drive down to Rockville once a month for a 4-6 hour session. So, heck, that's a potential group of 4 right there!

As in Wilmington, DE? Seems like a long drive, but if you don't mind, I certainly don't mind hosting. Rockville could potentially be a reasonable place for some players from North Va as well.

I have not had many chances to play in real Shadowrun games, I've run some for friends, and I know the system pretty well (except maybe the matrix rules). Generally I would prefer to play, but I don't mind running some too, I wouldn't mind a rotating GM type situation, if we don't have one person who would rather GM.

I will PM another person from Rockville that I saw post on another forum.

Anyone else here interested and willing to make the trip to Rockville? As I mentioned, it is right on the Metro so its pretty easy to get to.
Jeffwik
We've been relatively starved for gaming for a while, and Shadowrun is something we're both interested in. So long as the session ran long enough we spent at least as much time playing as commuting, it's something we'd be into.
Ukkic
QUOTE (Jeffwik @ Aug 1 2012, 10:11 PM) *
We've been relatively starved for gaming for a while, and Shadowrun is something we're both interested in. So long as the session ran long enough we spent at least as much time playing as commuting, it's something we'd be into.

Ya, well if its on a weekend I would pretty much be up for however long you want.

I have also been thinking that shadowrun would fit well with a between game play-by-email (or something) element. To maximize play time things that involve only one character could be worked out between the player and the GM, things like acquisitions, spirit binding, software development, and vehicle/weapon/character modification. If we wanted, even portions of the legwork could be handled pre-game. This type of play could mean we could get more done during our monthly sessions.
Jeffwik
I'm not super familiar with the system, having played it only at a couple of conventions in the last year, but I'm a reasonably fast learner and I have a fair amount of experience running games generally. I think I'm the same boat as you w/r/t slightly preferring to play over running.

Maybe we should take this to email? I'm at jeffwik @ the ol' gmail dot com.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012