I saw this get reviewed on TV, so I gave it a shot. The game is called Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land, available from the app store: linky.

It's a turn-based tactical strategy game, meaning you control a squad of WW1 soldiers and occultists. You can equip a few different weapons, manage your character's stats, buy gear between level, etc. Nothing too in-depth, but enough to give you a RPG feel to it. Every map, you basically have to shoot your way through german soldiers and Lovecraftian critters. That's all it is though - you fight your way to various objectives.

Now, initially I thought I'd be disapointed this isn't a more Cthulu investigator type setting where you had to uncover a conspirary or something, but turns out even without that element this is a fun game. The learning curve is FUCKING STEEP though. You make a mistake, you die. This game is unforgiving if you don't stay in cover, play defensively and keep your team together. If you go gun-ho, you will die. And then you gotta restart the whole freakin level. The "save points", which is basically hitting an objective, are something like half an hour to an hour apart, so you gotta make sure you got some free time ahead of you before you play this game a bit.

But overall, a fun game and a good iPad purchase at a very reasonnable 5$.