Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wing Commander: New Horizon MUSH
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Golgoth
In the Enigma Sector, the scars of the Kilrathi-Terran war are still healing. Four decades have passed since the Kilrathi homeworld was razed by the Terrans, and the Terran Confederation has shrunk to a microcosm of its former powers. Risen from the ashes of war comes a corporate hegemony, the Enigma Sector Consortium, which rules the sector for a single purpose: profit. Meanwhile, the dissolution of the Empire of Kilrah has left a void, now filled by the Kilrathi Commonwealth, a new alliance between a subset of the noble Clans that recognize that they must find a new way to live in a universe they no longer dominate. In Enigma Sector, credits can buy anthing, and there are just so many ways to come by credits these days...

Wing Commander: New Horizon MUSH is a brand-new (opened December 2011) text-based interactive storytelling & roleplaying community built using the MUSH platform and set in the universe of the Wing Commander video games. New Horizon could be considered a "spiritual successor" to Wing Commander: Red Horizon, a popular MUSH that closed in 2002, and is set in the same universe/continuity as WC:RH, 40 years after the end of the Terran-Kilrathi war.

We have an active, experienced staff, a game custom-built for the modern era's smaller playerbases, and a wide-open theme layered in conflict and opportunity. Stop by and check us out!

wcmush.com 2199
http://www.wcmush.com/
Yerameyahu
frown.gif I don't know anything about Wing Commander, but I kinda miss MUSHing.
Golgoth
You should seriously check this game out. The community on there is so freakin' friendly and awesome, it's almost creepy (not really, but you get the idea).
Yerameyahu
What's this specific game like? Is there something like HSpace, are there mechanics like a MUX, or is it more purely RP? Player factions?

(No doubt this kind of info is all over there, but I like the conversation if you're amenable. smile.gif )
Golgoth
I am in between RPing on there and checking forum postings, so bear with me if I come off as slow in response.

The staff decided against using Hspace, mainly because it encouraged more simulator-like gameplay over roleplaying. This is not to say that we do not have a space system. We do, it is just one that happens to encourage roleplay. It is more like a MUX, yes. There are a few player factions, and I know for a fact that the staffers are VERY MUCH hoping to grab up people who are actively seeking to be pirates, gangers, and other sorts of criminals.

Most of the factions that I have seen within the game appear to be more Privateer based, though there are two main factions within the game. They aren't the Terran Confederation or the Empire of Kilrah, of old, but more or less a post-war group in a backwater system (think Union of Border Worlds, if you know anything about the Wing Commander theme). There is a lot of RP going on, even with this place being small.
Yerameyahu
Ha, that's good to hear re: HSpace. wink.gif I'll take a look. Learning a whole new universe and history is rough, but I spend too much time here anyway. biggrin.gif
Golgoth
It shouldn't be too hard to get in to really. I think I spent a year playing the original mush before I realized there was a whole theme behind it.
Bigity
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Mar 24 2012, 10:47 AM) *
frown.gif I don't know anything about Wing Commander, but I kinda miss MUSHing.

Freaking A, so do I.
Golgoth
Bigity, get your butt on Wing Commander, too! We're all a bunch of casual players (IE: None of us are really hard core!). Who cares if the theme of the game is a little alien. Space. Future. That's all that is really needed to get a very rough idea of the game.

A few ideas that are floating around on the game as far as possible characters that are needed/wanted:

Pirates and Criminals
Pilots (of all kinds)
Security Force (Mercenaries, legit security, etc)
Politicians (yep)
Engineers
Doctors
Shadowrunners?! I'd like to see some on there!
Yerameyahu
Ooh, man! A deniable space mercenary!
Bigity
QUOTE (Golgoth @ Mar 24 2012, 08:00 PM) *
Bigity, get your butt on Wing Commander, too! We're all a bunch of casual players (IE: None of us are really hard core!). Who cares if the theme of the game is a little alien. Space. Future. That's all that is really needed to get a very rough idea of the game.

A few ideas that are floating around on the game as far as possible characters that are needed/wanted:

Pirates and Criminals
Pilots (of all kinds)
Security Force (Mercenaries, legit security, etc)
Politicians (yep)
Engineers
Doctors
Shadowrunners?! I'd like to see some on there!

Maybe. I would feel dirty playing on any MUSH except SR Seattle/Detriot nyahnyah.gif
Golgoth
Sadly, I miss both MUSHes. Seattle just went down a few months ago. frown.gif Even if you don't intend to play, you should check the place out and BS with a bunch of olbie MUSH players.
Adarael
All MUSHers are oldbies. Or nearly all.

Fun story. I jumped onto the Battlestar Cerberus MUSH when it first got up and running like two years ago. Made a military police officer PC. Started talking to one of the new applicants and we were really in tune. Discovered that he's one of my RL friends - one I've been gaming with IRL for 12 years. And then he explained that I knew half of the playerbase from the various places we'd MUSHed before. At that point I hadn't been on a MUSH since 2003 or 2004.

It is a very small community.
CanRay
Wish I could play. I niss my old skool WC Days. frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012