Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any word on the new Shadowrun novels?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Vegetaman
These three "upcoming Shadowrun novels" have been listed on Wikipedia on the Shadowrun novels list for a couple of years now, and I always ask because I am excited to get some new novels again, but it seems like they keep getting put off or on hold or something...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Shadowrun_books#Novels

Book: Cut & Run
Author: Odom, Mel

Book: Triptych
Author:Weldon, Phaedra

Book: TBA
Author: Hardy, Jason M.

Any new news on this front? (here's lookin' at you, Mr. Hardy!) cyber.gif

In all honesty, the novels have always been my favorite part of the Shadowrun universe (other than the SNES and Genesis videogames; so the current kickstarter has me salivating greatly), so I keep on about this every six months or so... I just gots to know! I need some new fiction!
Vegetaman
So... I take it that everything is still TBD. frown.gif
CanRay
I'm asking as well. I wish they'd come out.

I'd love to take a crack at a novel...
Angelone
Jason said something about legal issues with the books, not sure if it was on these or the other forums.
VykosDarkSoul
Well i would love to see them again as well.

on a side note, My own personal favorite was Changeling.
Angelone
Changeling is the one novel I have but haven't read. Every time I try something comes up and distracts me from it until I forget about it.
Critias
There is fiction in the works, but I'm pretty sure it's not those three novels.
VykosDarkSoul
QUOTE (Critias @ Apr 17 2012, 10:18 AM) *

That Sir!....sounds fictitious....

thats how you combine fiction and delicious right?
Neonsamurai
especially Tom Dowds' novel would be nice to read twirl.gif I assume.
Vegetaman
QUOTE (Critias @ Apr 17 2012, 09:18 AM) *

Thanks for the information, everybody. Good to know that there is stuff in the works, even though it sounds like it may still be awhile before we get any?
CanRay
QUOTE (Vegetaman @ Apr 20 2012, 06:11 PM) *
Thanks for the information, everybody. Good to know that there is stuff in the works, even though it sounds like it may still be awhile before we get any?
I got a cane, I can try to use it as leverage at GenCon. wink.gif
Angelone
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 20 2012, 06:51 PM) *
I got a cane, I can try to use it as leverage at GenCon. wink.gif

Make sure you have a suitable fulcrum.
CanadianWolverine
I am willing to (farmer's) bet that I will get the fiction being promised with the Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter before any new Shadowrun novels hit shelves.
Tias
Man, Black Madonna was what got me into SR in the first place! Over the top, sure, but it did do an interesting job at describing the setting..
Critias
QUOTE (Vegetaman @ Apr 20 2012, 06:11 PM) *

I guess it depends on what counts as a "while." I'm not trying to be deliberately obtuse, so much as I'm not sure what I can say without violating an NDA.
CanRay
QUOTE (Critias @ Apr 22 2012, 02:58 PM) *
I guess it depends on what counts as a "while." I'm not trying to be deliberately obtuse, so much as I'm not sure what I can say without violating an NDA.
"Help help, please don't hit me with the cane again!" doesn't fall under the NDA, I'm pretty sure. wink.gif
Vegetaman
QUOTE (Critias @ Apr 22 2012, 01:58 PM) *

Just that it is in the pipes, somewhere, is good enough for me. grinbig.gif

I was starting to fear fiction had been completely forsaken, and it was making me sad. cyber.gif
Vegetaman
Okay, it's been 5 months... Any updates on this?
CanRay
Nope.
Stahlseele
last rumor is still at the end of the spells and chrome antology . .
Critias
QUOTE (Critias @ Apr 22 2012, 02:58 PM) *

All I can do is self-quote. I'd give more details if I could, fellas, trust me.
Vegetaman
QUOTE (Critias @ Sep 11 2012, 08:41 PM) *
All I can do is self-quote. I'd give more details if I could, fellas, trust me.

No problem; just glad that all is not forgotten!

I'll check again in early 2013.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012