Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So, I played Tomb Raider for the first time ever
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Wounded Ronin
So, being the renegade folk hero that I am, I didn't play Tomb Raider when it was big. Instead I waited for years and just started playing in the last few days on Steam.

I have only a few comments.

1.) I know Lara is supposed to be a sex symbol and all that, but she doesn't really seem to have the physique of an extreme rock climber/gymnast. Athleticism is sexy, though. If they'd taken the time to render her some muscular forearms like you see on real rock climbers, she'd be even sexier.

2.) Lara taking those tricked out USPs rock climbing would be like taking a Ferrari off road to drive to get to a rock climbing destination with the trunk full of rock climbing and camping gear. And then immersing the Ferrari in water.

3.) The most similar PC game I can think of is the original Prince of Persia.
Thanee
Just as a side note: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is quite fun. Totally different to the original Lara Croft games (of which I have actually played none smile.gif) with an isometric view and it plays more like an arcade jump'n'run game. There's a free demo on Steam.

Bye
Thanee
GreyBrother
Some fans would argue that Anniversary and Legend aren't real Tomb Raider games, yadda yadda.

If you are interested, look up a lets play of the original Tomb Raider games, because those always make me think "And people became horny for THAT?!"
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (GreyBrother @ Apr 12 2012, 08:53 AM) *
Some fans would argue that Anniversary and Legend aren't real Tomb Raider games, yadda yadda.

If you are interested, look up a lets play of the original Tomb Raider games, because those always make me think "And people became horny for THAT?!"

Holy crap, you're right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owwOlzsxe3A

It's like Prince of Persia meets Mario 1.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012