Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifter Balance
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
thorya
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Apr 18 2012, 12:02 PM) *
Looks like a typical Troll Street Sam to me... smile.gif

Yeah. The only advantage is the whole, heal almost instantly thing. I still prefer sticking with the shifter attributes rather than stacking.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (thorya @ Apr 18 2012, 10:17 AM) *
Yeah. The only advantage is the whole, heal almost instantly thing. I still prefer sticking with the shifter attributes rather than stacking.

Indeed... Though the Regeneration is not as good as it used to be in previous editions. Agreed. smile.gif
bibliophile20
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Apr 18 2012, 11:57 AM) *
And yet there are people who are cannibals today. *shrug* smile.gif
What makes an Awakened "More Likely" in your opinion, as I do not see it.

Agreed. I was picturing an average, mundane sicko that a syndicate boss keeps around like an attack dog; nobody can prove anything, but his reputation is... unsettling.

and as for RL cannibals... they do exist... (link is SFW, but mildly disturbing)
snowRaven
QUOTE (bibliophile20 @ Apr 18 2012, 08:18 PM) *
and as for RL cannibals... they do exist... (link is SFW, but mildly disturbing)

I blame Sweeney Todd!
Neraph
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Apr 18 2012, 10:57 AM) *
And yet there are people who are cannibals today. *shrug* smile.gif
What makes an Awakened "More Likely" in your opinion, as I do not see it.

QUOTE (bibliophile20 @ Apr 18 2012, 01:18 PM) *
Agreed. I was picturing an average, mundane sicko that a syndicate boss keeps around like an attack dog; nobody can prove anything, but his reputation is... unsettling.

I do not doubt that there are some sick bastards out there, but the link Bibliophile made helps make my point - they are arrested fast, when rumor goes out.

The reason I think the Awakened are more likely to be cannibals than not are for three main reasons: ghouls, wendigos (their Magic rating makes them Awakened), and the Cannibalize blood metamagic.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Neraph @ Apr 19 2012, 07:00 AM) *
I do not doubt that there are some sick bastards out there, but the link Bibliophile made helps make my point - they are arrested fast, when rumor goes out.

The reason I think the Awakened are more likely to be cannibals than not are for three main reasons: ghouls, wendigos (their Magic rating makes them Awakened), and the Cannibalize blood metamagic.

Ghouls and Wendigos are non-issues, they are Infected. smile.gif
Cannibalize is likely a rarity, in my opinion.

As for Rumor and quick arrests. I can agre that once the cops have been tipped off, there will likely be an investigation (Whether arrest follows depends upon how careful the cannibal was/is). However, if the Cannibal is careful, it may be Years, if not Decades, before he is outed. And I would prefer to have a Non-Magically Awakened Cannibal as an antagonist, personally, simply BECAUSE he is not an Infected or invested with the Cannibalize metamagic. Makes him/her MUCH more creepy in my mind. After all, an Infected has no real choice in the matter.
bibliophile20
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Apr 19 2012, 10:25 AM) *
Ghouls and Wendigos are non-issues, they are Infected. smile.gif
Cannibalize is likely a rarity, in my opinion.

As for Rumor and quick arrests. I can agre that once the cops have been tipped off, there will likely be an investigation (Whether arrest follows depends upon how careful the cannibal was/is). However, if the Cannibal is careful, it may be Years, if not Decades, before he is outed. And I would prefer to have a Non-Magically Awakened Cannibal as an antagonist, personally, simply BECAUSE he is not an Infected or invested with the Cannibalize metamagic. Makes him/her MUCH more creepy in my mind. After all, an Infected has no real choice in the matter.

Agreed; the Infected has no choice, which is where we get the angsty vampire cliche from. But a mundane guy, who finds he likes the taste? He had a choice, and he choose that lifestyle, making him a much more creepy and therefore much more memorable antagonist than Ghoul Shaman #137.
Eratosthenes
QUOTE (bibliophile20 @ Apr 19 2012, 10:06 AM) *
Agreed; the Infected has no choice, which is where we get the angsty vampire cliche from. But a mundane guy, who finds he likes the taste? He had a choice, and he choose that lifestyle, making him a much more creepy and therefore much more memorable antagonist than Ghoul Shaman #137.

Was that the one with the purple warts all over his arms? And the tiny, clawed hands?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Eratosthenes @ Apr 20 2012, 09:43 AM) *
Was that the one with the purple warts all over his arms? And the tiny, clawed hands?

I am pretty sure he had stripes, and the left hand was misshapen because of a thermite burn.
Eratosthenes
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Apr 20 2012, 11:44 AM) *
I am pretty sure he had stripes, and the left hand was misshapen because of a thermite burn.

Oh, I thought that was #128...or did he have the red, frilly mohawk and smoked a cuban cigar?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Eratosthenes @ Apr 20 2012, 09:49 AM) *
Oh, I thought that was #128...or did he have the red, frilly mohawk and smoked a cuban cigar?

I thought it was Curly, not frilly, and I am pretty sure the cigar was Venezuelan... *shakes head*
Halinn
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Apr 20 2012, 08:12 PM) *
I thought it was Curly, not frilly, and I am pretty sure the cigar was Venezuelan... *shakes head*

No, you're thinking of #103. Eratosthenes is correct about #128
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Halinn @ Apr 20 2012, 02:14 PM) *
No, you're thinking of #103. Eratosthenes is correct about #128

Ahhh... I think you got it there...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012