Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Earthdawn
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Bigity
So, when RedBrick starts printing/developing ED3E stuff again, it will be in a smaller format than 8x11, to accommodate tablets and stuff.

I'm not sure if I will like that.
Tanegar
I like big, hardbound RPG books. PDFs are nifty and all, but I like the heft of an actual tome.
Bigity
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Apr 12 2012, 05:20 PM) *
I like big, hardbound RPG books. PDFs are nifty and all, but I like the heft of an actual tome.

So do I. Even the printed books are going to be small. Just seems ugh. Like some kinda of manga book.
Thanee
Savage Worlds Explorer Edition, A Song of Ice and Fire Pocket Edition and D&D 4E Essentials are in small format as well.

It is actually pretty handy at the table, as it does not take up that much space. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Bigity
QUOTE (Thanee @ Apr 13 2012, 02:28 AM) *
Savage Worlds Explorer Edition, A Song of Ice and Fire Pocket Edition and D&D 4E Essentials are in small format as well.

It is actually pretty handy at the table, as it does not take up that much space. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee

Do they make the font smaller or just print more pages in comparison to a traditional sized book?
Shortstraw
QUOTE (Thanee @ Apr 13 2012, 06:28 PM) *

That means you need a bigger table not smaller books nyahnyah.gif
Grinder
QUOTE (Bigity @ Apr 13 2012, 01:09 AM) *
So, when RedBrick starts printing/developing ED3E stuff again, it will be in a smaller format than 8x11, to accommodate tablets and stuff.

I'm not sure if I will like that.

Well, don't buy it then - it won't contain any new content, so no need to update your (or mine) collection. smile.gif
almost normal
I'm not sure you know what developing means.
Grinder
I've worked for RB until april, so what are you talking about? rotfl.gif
Redjack
We need a like feature for posts.
almost normal
Because Grinder doesn't know what developing means? You folk confuse the hell out of me sometimes.
Thanee
QUOTE (Bigity @ Apr 13 2012, 02:04 PM) *
Do they make the font smaller or just print more pages in comparison to a traditional sized book?

Sorry, kinda missed that question back then. smile.gif

It is smaller font, yes, but also more pages (maybe 25% more).

Bye
Thanee
Grinder
QUOTE (almost normal @ Aug 10 2012, 11:36 PM) *
Because Grinder doesn't know what developing means?

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you know me or my work? I've worked on ED3 and Equinox in - you may have guessed it - development.
almost normal
When someone asks you what's going to be the format for new content that's developed, and your sole comment infers only old content, then yeah, it's easy to imagine you've got no idea what you're talking about.

Back off on the aggression.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (almost normal @ Jul 24 2012, 10:27 AM) *
I'm not sure you know what developing means.

Passive aggressive posts like this tend to get under people's skins. Please don't act like you're not aware. Please don't poke the drop bears, they tend to react violently.
Bigity
The updated PDFs will supposedly be available sometime after GenCon.

I may grab those and stick with the older, bigger books for hardcopy. I guess I'll wait til I can check one out at Borders/Barnes&Noble or a FLGS.
Rip the Jackker
I prefer not to throw a tablet or kindle at anyone, so I much prefer hardcover books.
Bigity
That's what dice are for.

Ones with sharpened edges.
Dr.Rockso
QUOTE (Bigity @ Aug 14 2012, 08:40 AM) *

So Game Science dice?
Ryu
QUOTE (Bigity @ Aug 14 2012, 03:40 PM) *

A player threatened to make some from tungsten carbide once. No need for sharp edges on those...

But hey shadowkids, don´t throw dice to hurt someone, mkay?
Bigity
So apparently Redbrick is shutting down game publishing and EarthDawn licenses revert back to FASA.

While I don't have much hope for SR going back to FASA, ED in FASA's hands again is good news to me.
Stahlseele
Wait . . does FASA still exist?
Bigity
Yup. Course, doesn't mean it's the same folks.

Link to ED news: http://redbrickllc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=659

Not much to their new website though: http://www.fasagames.com/
Bigity
Hm apparently FASA Games is Red Brick renamed with a different owner (a FASA co-creator) and James Sutton as president.
Grinder
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 26 2012, 08:13 PM) *
Wait . . does FASA still exist?

Iirc it never ceased to exist - the Earthdawn license had been handled by it, in example. RedBrick had to get approval of their planned sourcebooks from FASA before releasing them.

QUOTE (Bigity @ Aug 27 2012, 06:54 AM) *
Hm apparently FASA Games is Red Brick renamed with a different owner (a FASA co-creator) and James Sutton as president.

Yep. What leaves me with no faith for them, since James has released only mediocre products since he fired Carsten Damm, Angues et al. (think of Earthdawn l Sw and Earthdawn l Pathfinder plus Fading Suns 2.5....).

Some more info on RB-turns-into-FASA: http://roleplayerschronicle.com/?p=26201

RPC: These [pointing to Earthdawn, Fading Suns, Blue Planet, and 1879] are going to be your core lines?
JS: No [meaning they aren't stopping there], Demonworld is a FASA property anyway, we’re doing RPGs and tabletop miniatures, it’s about 500 skus for that alone. Blue Planet has obviously come across from RedBrick, Fading Suns as well. 1879 is an original property, Earthdawn’s a FASA property anyway, sort of come back to roost. We’re also working on four new games to be released over the next five to six years, filling in the gaps around the second world, sixth world, and eighth world of the FASA cosmology. All of those games are intended to be interlinked properly unlike with what happened to Earthdawn and Shadowrun.
RPC: You’re free to talk about it if you’d like.
JS: The second world is effectively the age of dragons. It’s high magic, it’s the birth of Earthdawn. That may end up being the last game that we’re doing because it’s dragons, it’s harder to do. They’re all to be supported with miniatures and supported, hopefully if we get it off the ground, with the tabletop platform we’ve been developing. RPGs, fiction, hopefully card games and board games if all goes well, it’s fairly ambitious. Fourth world, Earthdawn, we’ve already got that, that’s already in progress. The sixth world game we have in mind is a post-apocalyptic reset, post scourge if you’re familiar with the Earthdawn and FASA cosmology.
Every 5,000 years there’s the Mayan long calendar, so there’s a period of high magic and there’s a period of low magic. During the peak of high magic these things called horrors come out of netherspace and ravage things and things go horribly wrong for humanity usually, which is what happened in Earthdawn. Everybody went underground, wait until the magic level dropped and low and behold. Shadowrun sort of deals with that as well, it’s part of the FASA cosmology but we’re ignoring Shadowrun, completely, for obvious legal reasons. The sixth world game is effectively a post-apocalyptic. The corporations have been shattered by the horrors, there’s bikers… the whole Mad Max thing, just taken to the factor of “lots.” The eighth world game we’ll be working on… “nuke ‘em from orbit” it’s the only way to be sure.

I'm sure CGL is excited to read about their plans for a sixth world setting. grinbig.gif
Stahlseele
So . . Mad Magic/Matrix Max?
Grinder
Who cares?
almost normal
People who like fun.
Redjack
I sense friction in the air... Please do not feed it.
CanRay
*Hides the shovelful of "Friction Feeder" I was about to toss in behind my back*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012